His tweets came amidst investigations by special counsel Robert Mueller, a former FBI director, into the allegations of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential elections and collusion with the Trump campaign.
Former FBI Director James Comey has arrived on Capitol Hill for a closed-door interview with two House committees.
"Presidential Harassment" has become a common phrase in pro-Trump and conservative media outlets lately, which skeptics may see as a very odd euphemism for "checks and balances" or even appropriate investigation into corruption and malfeasance.
Yesterday Trump posted a tweet bragging about his latest approval rating a recent Rasmussen poll, which claims he has a 50% approval rating.
Later in the morning, minutes before he was scheduled to leave for Kansas City to address a law enforcement conference, the president tried to knock down media reports that his personal legal team had dropped plans to issue their own report to counter Muellers.
Comey Says House Committees Mostly Asked About Clinton Email Probe
President Donald Trump, speaking behind a microphone during a press conference at the White House.
Manafort, who maintains he has been truthful with Mueller, managed Trump's campaign for three months in 2016.
Mueller is expected to recommend a sentence for Trump's former "fixer" and personal attorney, Michael Cohen, which will require him to reveal why he is asking for a specific sentence ahead of a federal judge's Tuesday final ruling. So far, more than 30 people have been charged or pleaded guilty in Mueller's investigation.
President Donald Trump is marking what's expected to be a busy day for special counsel Robert Mueller's Russian Federation investigation by launching a Twitter broadside against the prosecutor and his team.
The court filings will close out a busy week for Mueller as the president has heightened his attacks on the investigation.
Mortal Kombat 11 Revealed, Arriving Next Year
The new graphics engine showcasing every skull-shattering, eye-popping moment, brings you so close to the fight you can feel it. Not a lot of details were given during the clever twist reveal, aside from a January 17 date for a community reveal.
- Persona 5’s Joker is first Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC
- China promises prompt action on U.S. trade pact
- Christmas tree shortage continues to have people digging deeper in their wallets
- Brie Larson on the Female Friendship at the Heart of CAPTAIN MARVEL
- Burger King Pranks McDonald's With 1 Cent Whoppers in App-Fueled Rivalry
- Santiago Solari praises out of favour Isco after Copa del Rey double
- Alabama's Tua Tagovailoa wins Walter Camp, Maxwell awards
- George H.W. Bush’s funeral and memorial services plan
- VW's next-gen cars could be its last with internal combustion engines
- Michigan Republicans following Wisconsin's lead in curbing Democrats' power