Jael Strauss, who found fame as a contestant on 'America's Next Top Model', has died at the age of 34. In 2012, she appeared on "Dr. Phil" after her family staged an intervention for her drug use. "It has aggressively spread throughout my body and is incurable", she wrote on Facebook.
She had also said in a Facebook post that she did not want to die and shared video of herself on Instagram getting her head shaved. "I need another one of those miracles that I got back in 2013", she finished.
The model, who announced in August that she was five years sober after struggling with a crystal meth addiction, dedicated her time to the Solstice Recovery Foundation in Texas by volunteering to help those struggling with addiction, an employee told TMZ.
Her family stopped allowing visitors after she lost consciousness and she allegedly took a turn for the worse on Monday night. "She will dance at how we celebrate her life by spreading the love that she lived by daily with a reckless abandon", read the post.
She had begun chemotherapy after her diagnosis but decided by Halloween to stop the treatments and entered hospice care by Thanksgiving. We don't know for what reasons, but man was she one of the strongest I knew. Following news of her breast cancer diagnosis, a GoFundMe page was created to help Strauss pay medical bills.
George H.W. Bush’s funeral and memorial services plan
The elder Bush's final words before he died that night, according to NYT reporter Peter Baker, were "I love you, too", to his son. President Trump on Saturday said he would send Air Force One to bring the body of the late President George H.W.
Tyra Banks broke her silence on the death of America's Next Top Model's Jael Strauss.
In October, she revealed she had incurable stage IV breast cancer. "We are never too broken to be put back together. I'm glad we got the opportunity to know of her through ANTM!" one Twitter user wrote.
Stage IV, or metastatic breast cancer, isn't the same for everyone. I feel better, but nowhere near how it used to be.
Guys, I heard about #jaelstrauss passing today and I'm so sad about it. "I'd be dead if it weren't for all the love and forgiveness I've been showered with by my friends and my family". Thank you to all my lovely family (blood and extended).
She was just 22-years-old at the time that she was thrust into the spotlight. "Love you all! Keep up the good fight".
- China promises prompt action on U.S. trade pact
- Russian Military Tracks US Destroyer in Sea of Japan - MoD
- Ocasio-Cortez Promises $15-an-hour Intern "Living Wage" (Math & Economics Disagree)
- Michigan Republicans following Wisconsin's lead in curbing Democrats' power
- Former Cubs infielder Luis Valbuena killed in a auto accident in Venezuela
- Redskins' Smith has infection in leg
- Trump Opens Fire On Mueller, Comey As New Revelations Expected Today
- Former light heavyweight world champion Adonis Stevenson had emergency brain surgery
- Alabama's Tua Tagovailoa wins Walter Camp, Maxwell awards
- House Democrat seeks emergency hearing on North Carolina election