President Trump on Saturday said he would send Air Force One to bring the body of the late President George H.W. Bush to Washington, where he will lie in state at the Capitol next week. He says he drove three times with Bush. He was a great man with great character, regardless of politics. Trump also announced that he'll be sending one of the Boeing 747s that serves as Air Force One to Houston to transport Bush's casket to Washington, D.C.
Michael Pallamary was an active politician during the time Bush was president. The elder Bush's final words before he died that night, according to NYT reporter Peter Baker, were "I love you, too", to his son.
In honor of the 41st president, President Trump has declared Wednesday a national day of mourning, the White House said, and issued an executive order to close federal offices.
President Bush will be buried in his family plot, located behind the Bush Library, alongside his wife, Barbara, who died seven months ago, and daughter, Robin, who passed away in 1953 at the age of three.
All clear after bomb threat forces evacuation of CNN offices
"Several fire alarm bells rang inside CNN's NY newsroom, signaling an evacuation shortly after 10:30 p.m.", CNN itself reported . Just two months ago, bombs were sent to the CNN, as well as top Democrats like Barack Obama and the Clintons.
The former president will also lie in repose at St. Martin's Episcopal Church in Houston, where Bush lived, from 7:45 p.m. ET Wednesday until 7 a.m. ET Thursday.
Later Thursday morning, a funeral service is scheduled to be held at the church, the news release said.
His remains are set to arrive at Texas A&M University at 3:45 p.m. Interment will occur at the George Bush Presidential Library & Museum, officials said. The remains will be transported by funeral auto (train) to College Station.
- Santiago Solari praises out of favour Isco after Copa del Rey double
- Mortal Kombat 11 Revealed, Arriving Next Year
- Michigan Republicans following Wisconsin's lead in curbing Democrats' power
- Ocasio-Cortez Promises $15-an-hour Intern "Living Wage" (Math & Economics Disagree)
- Unai Emery has jokingly responded to Marouane Fellaini pulling on Guendouzi's hair
- Jose Mourinho angry Manchester United 'always shoot themselves'
- Facebook's ranking drops in 'best places to work' list
- Pakistan star Yasir Shah makes history against New Zealand
- Julian Assange: Ecuador president reveals 'PATH' for Wikileaks founder to leave embassy
- Burnley 1-3 Liverpool: Reds mount comeback to ensure record breaking start