"The NYPD has now given us the all clear, and employees have been permitted to return to the building".
Police said the threat was received at the Time Warner building at 25 Columbus Circle around 10:30 p.m. CNN said several fire alarm bells signaling an evacuation rang inside its newsroom shortly after that.
Just two months ago, bombs were sent to the CNN, as well as top Democrats like Barack Obama and the Clintons.
Microsoft Confirms Edge will use Chromium Rendering Engine, Launches Insider Program
Once Edge is updated, hopefully they will only notice that sites and apps they visit using Edge will work better and faster. Currently, it's limited to Windows 10, but the new version will work on the older but still very popular Windows 7 and 8.
A bomb squad, police cars and emergency vehicles were rushed to the scene. But police later said there was no evidence of any explosives inside the building, the station reported.
The threat came Thursday night when a caller indicated there were five devices in the building, according to a law enforcement source. It is unclear whether the threat was directed at CNN or another location close by. They evacuated the studios out of caution.
Brian Stelter also tweeted about the interruption. Sayoc, who was tracked down to Florida and arrested on October 26, faces life in prison for sending at least 16 mail bombs in total.
He said: "Fake news - enemy of the people".
- Persona 5’s Joker is first Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC
- China promises prompt action on U.S. trade pact
- United States dollar falls on economic growth fears
- Jose Mourinho angry Manchester United 'always shoot themselves'
- Michigan Republicans following Wisconsin's lead in curbing Democrats' power
- Singer Mika Singh detained in UAE over sexual harassment charges
- Brie Larson on the Female Friendship at the Heart of CAPTAIN MARVEL
- Pantone's 2019 Color of the Year Is the Warm, Mellow Living Coral
- Burnley 1-3 Liverpool: Reds mount comeback to ensure record breaking start
- Unai Emery has jokingly responded to Marouane Fellaini pulling on Guendouzi's hair