The authorities did not identify who was behind the attack.
At least two people were killed and many more injured in the terror attack outside police headquarters in Chabahar.
Press TV quoted Rahmdel Bamari, governor of Sistan and Balochestan province, as saying that an "explosive-laden vehicle" targeted the police post on Thursday.
Mohammad Hadi Marashi, the deputy governor in charge of security, said the assailants tried to enter the city's police headquarters but "they were prevented by the guards and they detonated the auto bomb".
"The terrorists tried to enter Chabahar police headquarters but they were prevented by the guards and they detonated the auto bomb", Marashi said without elaborating on how many assailants took part. There was no immediate claim of responsibility. Ansar al-Furqan is known to operate in Iran's southeastern Sistan and Baluchistan Province, which sees occasional attacks by Baluch separatists and drug traffickers.
Launch set for December 10
The imaging aspects of the Galaxy A8s include a triple-rear camera setup which will consist of a 24MP, a 10MP, and a 5MP sensor. So, with the official confirmation of the Galaxy A8 launch , Samsung seems to have taken the segment by the scruff of it neck.
Iran has stepped up security in border areas after gunmen in September opened fire on a military parade in Iran's southwestern city of Ahvaz, killing 25 people, nearly half of them members of Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards corps. No militant group immediately took responsibility for the attack.
Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif blamed "foreign-backed terrorists" for the attack.
Terror attacks in Shiite Iran are rare, but militants have stepped up action in recent months.
Tehran accuses its Sunni-led regional rival Saudi Arabia and the United States of funding most of these groups, a charge that Riyadh and Washington deny.
Chabahar, near Iran's border with Pakistan on the Arabian Sea, is home to a new port recently built and is an economic free zone for the country.
- Luxembourg aims to make all public transportation free by 2020
- Hollywood awards season kicks off with Golden Globes noms
- O2 network down across Kent leaving thousands without data
- George H.W. Bush's Funeral Train Will Be First in 49 Years
- Celtic, Rangers slip up as Kilmarnock goes top in SPFL
- The Cut Is Getting Thrashed For Calling Priyanka Chopra A "Scam Artist"
- Google confirms Allo dies in March 2019, wants people to get Messages
- William and Kate to make Christmas visit to troops
- US Urges Europe To Implement Sanctions Against Iran
- British MP becomes first to reveal to parliament that he has HIV