Samsung, which is set to launch world's first foldable smartphone early 2019, has partnered with Verizon on its 5G Home offering since the beginning of 2018. From the teaser one can see that the Nova 4 will come with a design change as rather than featuring a notch to house the front camera, the device will have a hole in the display. Now, with Huawei having announced the Nova 4 launch for December 17th, Samsung has pipped the Chinese company by declaring their launch nearly a week earlier.
Verizon Communications Inc and Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Monday confirmed long-held industry expectations they would seek to steal a march on Apple Inc by launching USA 5G smartphones in the first half of 2019. Previously, it was expected that the Galaxy A8s would launch in January, leaving Huawei in the clear to launch the Nova 4 in December.
Huawei has been teasing the Nova 4 for a couple of weeks now, a phone that features circular camera cutout instead of the infamous notch.
Huawei CFO arrested in Canada for United States ‘for violating Iran sanctions’
Separately, the BBC reported that United Kingdom telco BT will not use Huawei's equipment in its 5G mobile network. At this time, the department spokesperson can't share more details because Meng requested a publication ban.
In the previous generation Galaxy S, A and Note series, the Infinity Display cascaded to the left and right sides, up to the middle of the frame as well as on top and the base, with only tiny bezels making up the forehead and chin.
Theres competition among makers who will launch the first screen with a hole. Huawei Nova 4 has an in-display fingerprint sensor and works on Android 9 Pie out-of-the-box. Backing up the smartphone will be a 3,400mAh battery unit. It will also come with a USB Type-C port and might be Samsung's first device to ditch the headphone jack. So, even if it comes second, it will still have an advantage over the Galaxy A8s (expected to have a Snapdragon 710).
The imaging aspects of the Galaxy A8s include a triple-rear camera setup which will consist of a 24MP, a 10MP, and a 5MP sensor.
- A Bethesda web glitch revealed everyone’s support tickets, including personal info
- The Cut Is Getting Thrashed For Calling Priyanka Chopra A "Scam Artist"
- Chief financial officer of China's Huawei arrested in Canada
- OPEC waiting for Russian Federation before deciding how much oil to cut
- William and Kate to make Christmas visit to troops
- Joshua ready to fight Wilder or Fury - when they are ready
- Hollywood awards season kicks off with Golden Globes noms
- British MP becomes first to reveal to parliament that he has HIV
- BT Pulls Huawei Kit From EE's 4G Network
- Nokia 8.1 Officially Launched Globally, It’s a Rebranded Nokia X7