Samsung, which is set to launch world's first foldable smartphone early 2019, has partnered with Verizon on its 5G Home offering since the beginning of 2018. From the teaser one can see that the Nova 4 will come with a design change as rather than featuring a notch to house the front camera, the device will have a hole in the display. Now, with Huawei having announced the Nova 4 launch for December 17th, Samsung has pipped the Chinese company by declaring their launch nearly a week earlier.
Verizon Communications Inc and Samsung Electronics Co Ltd on Monday confirmed long-held industry expectations they would seek to steal a march on Apple Inc by launching USA 5G smartphones in the first half of 2019. Previously, it was expected that the Galaxy A8s would launch in January, leaving Huawei in the clear to launch the Nova 4 in December.
Huawei has been teasing the Nova 4 for a couple of weeks now, a phone that features circular camera cutout instead of the infamous notch.
Hollywood awards season kicks off with Golden Globes noms
Andy Samberg and Sandra Oh will be co-hosting the 2019 Golden Globes , ET has learned. The three-hour live telecast will air Sunday, Jan. 6, at 8 p.m.
In the previous generation Galaxy S, A and Note series, the Infinity Display cascaded to the left and right sides, up to the middle of the frame as well as on top and the base, with only tiny bezels making up the forehead and chin.
Theres competition among makers who will launch the first screen with a hole. Huawei Nova 4 has an in-display fingerprint sensor and works on Android 9 Pie out-of-the-box. Backing up the smartphone will be a 3,400mAh battery unit. It will also come with a USB Type-C port and might be Samsung's first device to ditch the headphone jack. So, even if it comes second, it will still have an advantage over the Galaxy A8s (expected to have a Snapdragon 710).
The imaging aspects of the Galaxy A8s include a triple-rear camera setup which will consist of a 24MP, a 10MP, and a 5MP sensor.
- IPL 2019: 232 overseas players register for upcoming auctions
- BT Pulls Huawei Kit From EE's 4G Network
- Google confirms Allo dies in March 2019, wants people to get Messages
- US Urges Europe To Implement Sanctions Against Iran
- William and Kate to make Christmas visit to troops
- First NASA probe to return asteroid sample reaches destination
- British MP becomes first to reveal to parliament that he has HIV
- With two injuries how will Chelsea line up against Wolves on Wednesday?
- Celtic, Rangers slip up as Kilmarnock goes top in SPFL
- Luxembourg aims to make all public transportation free by 2020