Although influenza (flu) activity remains at minimal levels, the virus can still cause illness and even death. During those time frames, a total of 1,727 patients aged 18 or more years entered the hospital for flu; 591 were admitted to the ICU and 223 died.
Kern County Public Health Services Department announced Friday that it has received confirmation of the first flu-related death in Kern County for the 2018-2019 flu season.
Getting vaccinated is the first and most important step in protecting you and those around you against flu viruses.
The health department also offers Flublok quadrivalent adult flu vaccine for adults 19 years of age and up for $65. That's because most people think it's too late.
The survey also found that 67 percent of those surveyed would still go to work if they were feeling ill with flu-like symptoms, up two percent from previous year.
People can help prevent the spread of flu by washing their hands frequently and thoroughly, avoiding touching their eyes, nose and mouth with their hands and staying home when sick.
RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6.5%, lowers inflation forecast sharply
The RBI , however, lowered inflation forecast sharply for the second half (six months) of 2018-19 to 2.7 per cent-3.2 per cent. Weaker global oil prices and domestic food prices are expected to drag the headline inflation rate below projections.
The sooner you get vaccinated the better, as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends early vaccination because it takes about two weeks after the shot for antibodies that protect against flu to develop in the body.
I realize that I've written about the flu and the importance of immunization already this year ... and last year ... and the year before that.
"Everybody six months and older should have a flu shot", said Sarah Engstrom, Registered Nurse at the Hematite Health Clinic.
DHD#10, doctor's offices, and pharmacies are easy-to-access options for flu shots. CVS Health is community-based and locally focused, engaging consumers with the care they need when and where they need it.
Medicare Part B, Connecticare, Aetna, Cigna, Anthem, and United HealthCare are all accepted and there is NO COPAY.
- Apple AirPods 2 release date will miss the Christmas shopping rush
- XFL Officially Announces Franchise Cities & Venues
- George Soros’ graduate school says it is being forced out of Hungary
- Vicky Kaushal impresses with his act in the trailer of URI
- Crackdown on Italian mob prompts dozens of arrests in Europe
- Blood test to detect cancer within just 10 minutes developed by scientists
- Microsoft pokes fun at Apple's iPad Pro in new Surface Go ad
- United Nations chief issues dramatic climate appeal to world leaders
- Marine Planes Crash Off Japan Coast, Search and Rescue Underway
- James Rodriguez: 'I want to stay at Bayern Munich'