In Detroit, Steven Adams scored 21 points, Russell Westbrook added 18 and Oklahoma City ended the Pistons' five-game win streak. Leonard scored a game-high 27 points and had eight rebounds for the Raptors.
Unfortunately for Jokic, whose 31.3 three point percentage this season is his lowest so far in his career, the remarkable no-look basket was ruled out by the referee due to the foul. The Nuggets led 86-78 with one quarter to play. Denver found a way to play through Harris' absence though by going on a 15-6 run to give them a 48-41 lead with 3:04 left in the second. Toronto taking the lead was in large part to the shooting by Denver as the Nuggets opened the second 3-of-10 shooting from the field, while also committing seven turnovers.
After Toronto missed two shots, Hernangomez made one of two free throws with 12 seconds to play to boost the lead to two.
Kylian Mbappe wins best young player prize at Ballon d’Or
Speaking to France Football (via Metro UK ), Mbappe said, "He is a real French football monument who has left Arsenal". I sent him a congratulatory message when he signed for Arsenal, and now I am following from afar".
The Raptors shot a terrible 2-for-12 from three-point range in the first quarter, but still managed to keep it close. Denver continued to ride the play of Jokic, who was up to 12 assists with seven minutes in the third to go along with his 14 points and seven rebounds.
Clawing their way back from a 12-point deficit, a fadeaway shot by Leonard tied the game with 7.1 seconds on the clock.
Denver was definitely the better team for the majority of the night.
In New Orleans, Tobias Harris made two clutch free throws with 4.7 seconds left to close out a 27-point performance, and Los Angeles held off the Pelicans.
The Nuggets (16-7 and first in the Northwest Division) will be back in action on Wednesday night when they'll travel to Orlando for a match-up against the Magic.
- PETA compares racist, homophobic language to phrases like ‘bring home the bacon’
- US Urges Europe To Implement Sanctions Against Iran
- 'It's really tough': Brother of missing United Kingdom tourist
- Kentucky health officials urges people to get vaccinated
- James Rodriguez: 'I want to stay at Bayern Munich'
- United Nations chief issues dramatic climate appeal to world leaders
- Dodgers send Magic Johnson to court Bryce Haprer, pressure on Phillies
- South Korean President says visit from North Korea's Kim "a possibility"
- Joshua ready to fight Wilder or Fury - when they are ready
- Crackdown on Italian mob prompts dozens of arrests in Europe