"The decision of the MPC is consistent with the stance of calibrated tightening of monetary policy in consonance with the objective of achieving the medium-term target for consumer price index (CPI) inflation of 4 per cent within a band of +/- 2 per cent, while supporting growth", the central bank said in a statement. One basis point is one-hundredth of one percentage point, i.e. 0.01 percent.
The liquidity coverage ratio (LCR) refers to highly liquid assets held by banks to meet short-term obligations.
The RBI, however, lowered inflation forecast sharply for the second half (six months) of 2018-19 to 2.7 per cent-3.2 per cent. RBI maintained caliberated tightening stance and projected HIFY20 GDP growth at 7.5 per cent.
Yemen: UN brokers prisoner swap pact with Houthis
Envoy Griffiths' last attempt to get the parties together in Geneva in September fell apart, when the Houthis skipped the talks. The coalition has largely suspended its offensive on Hodeida in the face of US-led calls for a ceasefire and new peace talks.
The MPC has chose to continue the practice of a three-day meeting format for the Sixth Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Statement 2018-19 commencing on February 5, 2019.
Over the past five years, annual inflation saw its lowest level in April 2013, with 6.13 percent, and its highest level this October.
Weaker global oil prices and domestic food prices are expected to drag the headline inflation rate below projections.
The board members include RBI governor Urjit Patel, RBI deputy governor Viral Acharya, executive director Michael Debabrata Patra, IIM Ahmedabad professor Ravindra H Dholakia, Delhi School of Economics director Pami Dua and Indian Statistical Institute Professor Chetan Ghate.
- France Delays New Fuel Tax After Violent Protests
- Pokemon Go Is Adding Trainer Battles To The Game This Month
- Chris Dawson: Arrest in podcast-highlighted Australian mystery
- Soyuz with 3 astronauts docks with space station
- Microsoft pokes fun at Apple's iPad Pro in new Surface Go ad
- Nigel Farage quits Ukip over its 'fixation' on anti-Muslim policies
- Rematch between Bucs’ Mike Evans and Panthers’ James Bradberry a physical one
- Skype Adds Live Captions And Subtitles To Voice And Video Calls
- The nation honors George H.W. Bush
- Apple AirPods 2 release date will miss the Christmas shopping rush