The latest beaching comes two days after more than 100 whales were founded stranded on a remote shore of New Zealand's Stewart Island.
Travel blogger Liz Carlson wrote that she was on a five-day hike on a remote part of Stewart Island when she and a friend found the pilot whales Saturday evening.
Making this the fourth stranding found in Newzealand this weekend, whales have been beaching themselves a lot, authorities say, reminding that last week killer whales had to be transported to other locations to save their lives and others had to be killed, said a marine conservation group member.
"They might have lost their bearings, or one got sick and beached itself and the others went to help", he told AAP.
"They are scattered along the beach over a long distance".
A humpback whale and 27 pilot whales are dead after the pod mysteriously stranded themselves on a remote Victorian beach.
DEPARTMENT OF CONSERVATIONAs many as 145 pilot whales have died after a recent mass stranding at a beach on Stewart Island
Half the animals were already dead and the rest were put down because there was no chance of rescuing them from the remote location USA travel blogger Liz Carlson was among a group of hikers on Stewart Island that found the whales and she described her frustration at being unable to help the huge sea creatures.
"They don't hold much hope for them overnight, so I guess this morning we'll fly the vet in and a couple of specialists and we'll do an assessment on those four remaining pilot whales".
Mr Parks said seal colonies in the area already attract sharks to those waters.
New Zealand witnesses regular whale strandings, with the DoC responding up to 85 incidents a year, mostly involving single animals.
Gail Wright of Parks Victoria said samples were being taken from the remains to try to understand how the whales came to be stranded. It could also be a combination of factors that causes the animals to strand, but those reasons remain unknown.
Luke Walton facing a critical LeBron James' challenge
The Lakers will certainly be facing an uphill battle should Ball be out for the game against the Indiana Pacers. While he was unable to finish tonight's game, Ball did not sound anxious about his status going forward.
- Turkey, Russia will not use dollar for S-400 deal, presidents say
- Life expectancy in the US continues to fall
- Suspected serial killer confesses to 3 murders in Phoenix, FBI says
- Hugh Jackman announces debut world tour performing hits from musicals
- Vorskla Poltava v Arsenal: Hosts throw doubt on Arsenal game going ahead
- Nick Jonas Reveals How He Proposed to Priyanka Chopra!
- German police raid Deutsche Bank over suspected money laundering
- Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas Are All Smiles at Their Puja Ceremony
- AWS launches RoboMaker service for building intelligent robotics apps
- U.S. slams harmful China trade policies, threatens auto tariffs