If you get an emergency alert message on your phone Wednesday afternoon, don't worry - it's only a test.
However, many people reported not having received a notification.
The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission has set a target that 50 per cent of new devices now available for sale in Canada must be compatible with Alert Ready.
On November 28, test alerts should appear on every updated and compatible mobile device connected to an LTE wireless network in participating provinces and territories. This is ONLY a TEST. If this had been an actual emergency or threat, you would now hear instructions that would assist you to protect you and your family. For further information go to www.emergencyinfobc.gov.bc.ca.
Migrant mom impaled in front of her children falling from border fence
Economic claims, though, as even numerous establishment media outlets have noted, do not qualify migrants for asylum. Troops were shifted from Texas and Arizona to California's southern border with Mexico after military and U.S.
The goal of the Alert Ready system is to enable government agencies to deliver emergency alerts to residents in Ontario during threat-to-life situations. "This is ONLY a TEST, no action is required".
There are plans to expand to other emergencies or hazards in the future.
The CRTC requires 50 per cent of wireless devices sold in Canada to be compatible with Alert Ready, but the coverage rate should increase after April when compatibility will be a requirement in all devices for sale.
- Ajax fans injured in violence-hit Athens Champions League match
- Ronaldo registers 100 Champions League wins as Juventus soar into last 16
- US Federal Trade Commission agrees to investigate loot boxes
- Nancy Pelosi nominated by Democrats to be next House speaker
- Chelsea 'to agree £70m deal for Christian Pulisic in January'
- Theresa May rejects call to hold bushtucker trial instead of TV debate
- Pub employment figures defy recent closures
- Arsenal’s Europa League tie set to go ahead despite tensions in Ukraine
- Get To Know The 2020 Porsche 911 Through Official Videos
- Elton John unable to perform in Orlando and Tampa