Finland's President Sauli Niinistö told lta-Sanomat, Finland's second-largest paper, that he doesn't recall mentioning raking leaves with President Trump on Sunday, but did say the two leaders spoke about the California wildfires when they met in Paris in early November.
Mr Trump first seemed to raise the idea of raking a few days before he made the comments to the California officials in a burnt-out caravan park in the fire-ravaged city of Paradise.
President Trump, who was visibly affected by what he saw, called the wildfires "this monster".
The only people out on the road were emergency services workers, surrounded by the twisted remains of the incinerated town.
Trump went on to argue that firemen were doing double duty while battling the fire because the whole state forgot it was raking season. "And they're raking ... little bushes, that you could see are totally dry, weeds".
Cleveland Cavaliers announce JR Smith no longer with the team
He has struggled in 11 games this season, averaging 6.7 points on 34.2 per cent shooting in just over 20 minutes a night. That factor could incentivize the Cavs to make sure they finish with one of the worst records in the league.
The Butte County disaster coincided with a flurry of smaller blazes in southern California, including the Woolsey Fire.
The president landed at the Beale Air Force base in Northern California Saturday hours after he blamed the deadly wildfires on poor forest management yet again, re-igniting fury among West Coast residents and firefighters. "We're going to have that, and we're going to have forests that are very safe".
Firefighters across the Golden State are now battling blazes which have calmed the lives of dozens of people.
The Finns showed how they monitor forests.
He was accompanied by the state's outgoing and incoming governors, both Democrats, who have traded barbs with the Republican administration - often on climate change. However, the country has very few forest fires even compared to neighboring Sweden, which had bad fires this year.
Like their president, ordinary Finns were baffled by Trump's comments and quickly took to social media to mock the USA president with photos and videos accompanied by hashtags like #RakeFinlandGreatAgain and #RakeNews.
- Google Pixel 3 Lite Hands-On Images Surfaces Online
- I’m A Celebrity star Anne Hegerty reveals heartbreak of losing father
- At least 40 killed in Kabul blast near wedding hall - Afghan ministry
- Critics call for rejection of Russian’s candidate for Interpol chief
- Here Are Amazon's Cheap Black Friday Video Game Deals
- Yankees acquire James Paxton from Mariners
- Paul Chipotle manager fired after reportedly asking customers to pay before ordering
- Meghan Markle Hides Her Growing Baby Bump in a Sequin Halter Top
- United Kingdom foreign secretary visits Iran for nuclear talks
- Khalilzad eyes peace agreement with Taliban before presidential elections