But nine of those districts elected a Republican.
With Kim's defeat, four Republican-held House districts all or partly in Orange County, once a nationally known GOP stronghold, will have shifted in just one election to the Democratic column.
Kim, who was seen as a charismatic potential successor to Royce, her one-time boss, finally succumbed to her opponent on Sunday.
A Deutsche Bank spokesperson said the company's "recent record of cooperating with such investigations has been widely recognized by regulators" and that the lender intends "to keep working in this spirit if we get an authorized request for information".
Along with their historic wins in Orange County, Democrats captured unseated Republican Reps.
Protesters slam migrants' arrival in Mexican border city
Pedestrians stand near barbed wire at a legal Mexico-U.S. border crossing as they prepare to leave Tijuana, Mexico , Monday. For most people in this city of 1.6 million, the arrival of thousands of Central Americans is not noticeable.
CNN's Kevin Bohn and Aaron Pellish contributed reporting.
U.S. Navy veteran Cisneros had trailed former State Assemblywoman Kim since Election Night.
It wasn't enough. Democratic ads depicted her as a Trump underling, eager to carry out his agenda. "It's nearly never happened", Trump said in response to interviewing journalist Chris Wallace's statement that Democrats gained notable strength this time in some of the Midwestern states that were key to Trump's 2016 success.
While the election delivered mixed results around the U.S., it affirmed California's reputation as a Democratic fortress. On Nov. 13, Andy Kim, a Korean-American Democrat, unseated Republican incumbent Tom MacArthur and became New Jersey's first Asian-American congressman.
On Monday, the state Democratic Party wrote an email with the subject line "Why hasn't Wesley Meredith Conceded Yet?" that mentioned Republican Sen.
- Year-old strangled baby brother to death as dad shopped
- If you want a Valve Steam Link, buy one now
- Apple Stock Price Target Is Cut Again at Goldman
- Trump barred from denying asylum to people entering U.S. illegally
- Djokovic overcomes illness to beat Zverev at ATP Finals
- Chicago skyscraper elevator falls 84 floors; 6 occupants rescued after 3 hours
- 'Morning Joe' Supercut Nails Utter Hypocrisy Of Ivanka Trump's Emails
- USA tourist 'killed' by arrow-shooting Andaman island tribesmen
- Taimur Ali Khan's Doll Goes Viral; Saif Ali Khan Reacts
- Nissan's Carlos Ghosn arrested over misconduct claims