Now under the tutelage of legendary head coach Mike Krzyzewski, who coached the U.S. men's basketball team to three-straight Olympic gold medals, Zion Williamson has all the tools, and plenty of God-given talent, to become the No. 1 overall pick in next spring's NBA Draft.
Zion Williamson of Spartanburg Day School attempts a dunk during the 2018 McDonald's All American Game POWERADE Jam Fest at Forbes Arena on March 26, 2018 in Atlanta, Georgia.
According to Duke officials, the team's Instagram videos during the first week of the season were viewed more than 2 million times - more than fellow blueblood programs Kentucky (412,000) and North Carolina (172,000).
Zion Williamson never ceases to amaze us.
Mateos, who said Orgeron likely didn't even know about the offer, never heard back from Williamson. R.J. Barrett added 20 for Duke in the win that pushed the Blue Devils to 3-0 on the season.
"As long as we play unselfish and play together", Reddish said, "we're pretty good".
"I didn't know how high I got until I came to the bench and Alex (O'Connell) and Cam were like, 'Bro, you got up so high, '" Williamson said of the dunk where his eyes were almost even with the rim at his apex. "The intensity was excellent. I think in the last couple days we grew up a little as far as communication goes". In the meantime, Williamson should use this time to mature as a teammate, learn how to handle fame, and deal with the media.
Nigeria will beat ‘talkative’ Bafana - Musa
It didn't come out the way I wanted. "But Thulani worked his socks off and showed a good attitude in camp so that's not the problem".
On a fast break with 10:29 to play in the first half, Cam Reddish threw an alley-oop to the rim. "It kind of snowballed for them", Krzyzewski said.
"Coach O said go recruit the best athletes in the country, and that's what I tried to do", Mateos added.
With a ruthless full court press, the Blue Devils held the Eagles to single-digit scoring for 17 minutes and 35 seconds. In fact, the Blue Devils outscored Eastern Michigan on dunks alone in the first half, and their high-flying freshman phenom had everything to do with it.
"We're a very versatile team", Williamson said.
Barrett and Tre Jones dished out a combined 14 assists to three turnovers.
Duke: Faces San Diego State on Monday in its Maui Invitational opener.
- Verizon puts 5 phone numbers on a single handset
- Microsoft plans to launch a disc-free Xbox One in 2019
- Deepika & Ranveer Twin In Sabyasachi Outfits for Chooda Ceremony
- New team tournament ATP Cup wins Djokovic’s approval
- One killed and 47 injured in French fuel tax protests
- Iggy Azalea and Bhad Bhabie get into altercation at Fashion Nova party
- DeVos proposes overhaul to campus sexual misconduct rules
- Argentine Navy Submarine Missing For A Year Found Deep In Atlantic
- Here Are Amazon's Black Friday Deals For Saturday 17th November
- Bourke St 'Trolley Man' Michael Rogers Granted Bail Over Burglary Charges