Urban also expressed how shocked he was to win the coveted award during his acceptance speech.
Hosts Brad Paisley, left, and Carrie Underwood appear at the 52nd annual CMA Awards at Bridgestone Arena on Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2018, in Nashville, Tenn. Seriously, Carrie give me a little baby hint.
"Tonight let's celebrate their lives". "I feel very grateful that I get to do what I do. Let the music unite us with love", Brooks said.
Cristiano Ronaldo is 'engaged'
Novak Djokovic was watched by the Juventus Superstar Cristiano Ronaldo , during his opening match of the ATP World Tour Finals. Alexander Zverev, who is placed second, also has one win to his name but is behind Djokovic on the game conceded ratio.
On a male-dominated night, Kacey Musgraves, 30, won her first big CMA prize, taking home album of the year for Golden Hour. "Thank you country music family.It's all about family around here".
There was also a tribute to late movie star Burt Reynolds by country group Midland, who performed a cover of Jerry Reed's East Bound & Down from the soundtrack to 1977's Smokey and the Bandit.
Veteran performer Ricky Skaggs, right, was joined by a host of others, including co-host Brad Paisley, on-stage.
Underwood kept the positive and uplifting theme going when she gave a rousing performance of her song "Love Wins". "I know that you root for everybody, you're glad that everybody's there, you're glad your friends are nominated for things, but I just try to think who's killing it, who's crushing it this year".
- Kuchar, Westwood win for first time since April 20, 2014
- Angela Merkel Calls for 'a Real True European Army'
- Roy Clark passes away at age 85
- Doctor Who finale details revealed - and it sounds unbelievable !
- Facebook CEO reportedly told staff told not to use iPhones
- Netflix Is Testing A Cheaper Mobile-Only Subscription
- Tom Cruise to Be Replaced in 'Jack Reacher' Reboot
- US Could Become Single Largest Oil, Gas Producer: IEA
- China's 'Artificial Sun' Marks Breakthrough for Nuclear Fusion
- Federal Bureau of Investigation probing American woman's death on Aruba-bound cruise ship