Netflix's mobile only plan costs just 17 Malaysian ringgit ($4.05) a month, which is roughly half of its Basic plan that costs 33 ringgit ($7.87).
Furthermore, the number of new customers Netflix could gain by offering a mobile-only plan would far outweigh the number of users that would downgrade to a plan restricting them to their mobile devices.
In addition to being restricted to smartphones and tablets, the other limitation that users will have to face under this particular plan is that the contents will only be presented in Standard Definition and limited to one screen at a time.
Fears of menthol ban cost BAT a mint
The proposal is part of the FDA's renewed crackdown on nicotine products, including e-cigarettes, the New York Times reported. The Wall Street Journal followed up with its own report Friday that said the FDA could propose a ban on menthol cigarettes .
The mobile-only plan joins the existing Standard and Premium options, both of which are substantially more expensive at RM42 and RM51.
The plan reportedly comes with the same unlimited access to on-demand content. Netflix is also planning on introducing better tools for mobile users, including a better experience for offline use. Bear in mind; the new Mobile-only plan only supports same as what Basic plan now is offering.
Even if the beta-testing doesn't amount to reforms in the North American subscription plan, the mobile-only version of the service should do well overseas, where 79 million of Netflix's entire customer-base now resides. The same report indicated that other markets may see a price increase, but it doesn't appear there have been any rate hikes at this time.
- US Could Become Single Largest Oil, Gas Producer: IEA
- EE will fling 5G services at 16 cities in Blighty next year
- Transfer deadline day: Premier League summer window to close early again
- Doctor Who finale details revealed - and it sounds unbelievable !
- China's 'Artificial Sun' Marks Breakthrough for Nuclear Fusion
- Angela Merkel Calls for 'a Real True European Army'
- Here's The First Trailer For Tim Burton's Live-Action DUMBO
- Cristiano Ronaldo is 'engaged'
- New Jersey couple, homeless vet made up fundraising campaign
- Xiaomi opens Android Pie Beta program for Mi A2 Lite