Facebook did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the claim that Zuckerberg had personally told executives to stop using iPhones.
Dismissing a media report that Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg ordered his management team to use only Android phones after his tiff with Apple CEO Tim Cook, the social media network today said the decision to use Android is because it is the most popular operating system in the world. He had said, "The truth is, we could make a ton of money if we monetised our customer - if our customer was our product".
FO denies social media reports of Asia Bibi leaving Pakistan
Bibi had fled abroad, saying that the images on the social media showing her being greeted overseas were "fake". However, speculations were rife that she had left the country soon after she was released from prison.
In a statement today, Facebook said Mr Zuckerberg's disagreement with Mr Cook is only over the business model. He "ordered his management team to use only Android phones, since the operating system has far more users than Apple's", according to people familiar who spoke to the New York Times. Specifically, Cook said Apple was "not going to traffic in your personal life", and that to Apple privacy is a "human right" and a "civil liberty". Then again, when Recode's Kara Swisher asked Cook what would he do if he was Mark Zuckerberg, Cook replied, "I wouldn't be in this situation".
Cook had criticised Facebook for its mishandling and commercialisation of consumer data, adding that the time may have been over for self-regulation of how companies handle personal information. In an interview with MSNBC, Tim Cook had launched a tirade against Facebook for its involvement in the Cambridge Analytica scandal. "I think it's important that we don't all get Stockholm syndrome, and let the companies that work hard to charge you more, convince you that they actually care more about you, because that sounds ridiculous to me".
- Mithali steers India to victory against Pakistan in Women's World T20
- Watch the emotional John Lewis Christmas advert 2018 with Elton John
- Angela Merkel Calls for 'a Real True European Army'
- Michelle Obama begins arena tour in talk with Oprah
- LeBron James passes Wilt Chamberlain on NBA's career scoring list
- Monkey Snatches, Kills Baby in Agra, India
- Eli Manning's late TD pass leads Giants past 49ers 27-23
- Nigerian Cable Company Takes Blame for Misrouting Google's Global Traffic Through China
- Chelsea legend Joe Cole retires at 37
- Marko Arnautovic hints at West Ham exit as Man United keep vigil