That's more power than the E46 M3, and a slightly quicker acceleration figure than the E90 M3.
Just like Mercedes-AMG is using its lower-tier models like the C43 to bridge the gap below the hooligan-spec variants, BMW's M Performance models are fulfilling a similar role within the Bavarian line-up and the new M340i xDrive is a natural rival to that aforementioned C43. The M Sport differential is electronically controlled with a fully variable rear-locking function.
Pricing has yet to be announced, but the new top performance version of the BMW 3 is set to launch next summer.
The BMW M340i xDrive Sedan comes as standard with the 8-speed Steptronic sports transmission of the latest generation, which is characterised, amongst other things, by an optimised hydraulic control system and exceptionally high shifting dynamics.
Police arrest suspected thief who looks like Ross from Friends
Lancashire constabulary quickly made clear that the suspect was not Schwimmer, stating: "Thank you to everyone for your speedy responses".
BMW South Africa tells us the M340i is scheduled to be introduced locally from September 2019.
The power plant developed for the BMW M340i xDrive Sedan raises the vehicle's characteristics in areas of performance, response, revving power, running smoothness and efficiency, so typical of BMW straight six-cylinder engines, to a new level. BMW also makes available Adaptive M suspension that adds electronically controlled dampers that can vary the damping at each wheel individually. There are standard-fit 18-inch wheels, with 19-inch rims available as an option. Also there's something called "variable sport steering", said to provide better feedback. Hmm. It incorporates a double-joint spring strut front axle and a five-arm rear axle, and sits 10mm closer to the ground on M Sport suspension and bespoke damper settings.
The M340i also looks the part with its cosmetic updates. M Sport Brakes are also standard fare with four-piston fixed calipers up front and single-piston floating calipers at the rear. This includes the new iteration of BMW's kidney grille which features mesh design instead of the characteristic vertical louvres. Consequently, you can expect the next gen M3 to produce around 100hp more than its half sibling.
- OnePlus 6T Thunder Purple colour variant to launch in India soon
- Security Guard Shot Dead By Police Officer at Suburban Chicago Bar
- French foreign minister accuses Erdogan of playing ‘games’ over alleged Khashoggi recording
- CNN files suit against Trump administration
- Surface Go with LTE Advanced Now Available for Purchase
- Anthony Martial drops out of France squad with abductor injury
- Al Bello/Getty Images Serena Williams named GQ Woman of the Year
- Why did Flipkart CEO resign? Binny Bansal resignation issue explained
- Nuketown now available in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 on PS4
- Botched Israeli Army operation in Gaza triggers sharp escalation in violence