Microsoft has just announced that it has acquired both Obsidian Entertainment and inXile Entertainment. InXile's Brian Fargo said joining Microsoft allows the studio to tap into the "incredible Microsoft ecosystems that is second to none". Obsidian just shipped Pillars of Eternity II on PC, and is now working on bringing the acclaimed RPG to Xbox One and other platforms. "It was important for us to find studio partners who have strong creative visions, a mastery of their medium and are expert world-builders".
Microsoft also discussed the intent to acquire Obsidian Entertainment, emphasizing the desire to preserve the studio's culture and to maximize their potential.
inXile Entertainment is a team of industry veterans with decades of PC and RPG expertise.
Australia revamps Pacific strategy as China looms
There are also plans to strengthen Australia's defence and security ties with Pacific islands through joint exercises and training.
Both studios are beloved by their fans, for different reasons. inXile is perhaps best known for its top-down perspective roleplaying games, such as Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera. He said the team intends to carry on making role-playing games. The announcement was made today at Microsoft's Inside Xbox X018 press conference which was broadcasted live from Mexico City. The studio quickly made a name for itself with the Xbox exclusive Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. Out of all of the acquisitions Microsoft has announced in 2018, Obsidian is probably the most consistent of them all and could legitimately help them in both the Xbox One and PC realms.
Obsidian had previously mentioned that they weren't ready for Fallout: New Vegas to be their last game in the Fallout-verse.
- Elvis Presley awarded Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Fox says United Kingdom may not get a deal with the EU
- Borussia Dortmund 3 Bayern Munich 2: Super-sub Alcacer settles thrilling Klassiker
- Are you happy with the outcome of the US midterm election?
- FDA To Ban Sales Of Most Flavored E-Cigarettes In Stores
- Kuchar sinks eight birdies to take the lead in Mexico
- Avengers 4 might be MCUs longest movie ever, Joe Russo
- Jordan opens shelter as flash flood death toll climbs to 11
- Jo Johnson quits and calls for a second referendum
- Joel Embiid: They call me 'Clutch' for a reason