Antonio Brown was stopped by police Wednesday night and cited for speeding less than 24 hours before the Pittsburgh Steelers host the Carolina Panthers on "Thursday Night Football", according to a report by WPXI in Pittsburgh. And according to KDKA, "officers were responding to a bank robbery at McCandless Crossing when they spotted a vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed and pulled it over".
Officers were responding to a bank robbery at McCandless Crossing when they spotted a Porsche traveling at a high rate of speed and pulled it over.
Brown was cited Thursday for going in excess of 100 mph on McKnight Road roughly 12 miles from Heinz Field.
Veterans Day restaurant freebies and deals
Red Robin: Veterans and active duty military can receive a free Red's Tavern Double Burger and free bottomless steak fries. Some locations may also be offering this deal on Sunday, but call ahead to double-check with your specific location.
Brown appears to be a fan of Porsche, previously posting videos of the his-and-her 911 set he shares with his girlfriend.
A Steelers spokesman said the team is aware of the situation and gathering information. Running back Le'Veon Bell was pulled over for suspicion of DUI on that very same stretch of road four years ago, and was later charged with marijuana possession.
The Steelers have yet to comment on the incident.
- Mauricio Pochettino Opens Up on Future at Tottenham Amid Real Madrid Rumours
- RED SOX: J.D. Martinez and Mookie Betts AL Silver Sluggers
- Steelers-Ravens II: Different month, same pressure to win
- Apple Canada announces iPhone X display replacement program
- Elvis Presley awarded Presidential Medal of Freedom
- SSE and NPower merger delayed over price cap
- Stephen Hawking’s wheelchair sells for $393,000 at auction
- The BMW M8 could have more than 600 horsepower
- Appeals court rules against Trump administration’s effort to end DACA
- Raheem Sterling contract: Man City star signs £15m-per-year extension