Now he has two new trophies to add to his collection, and some Major League Baseball history to put on his resume. Also a 2015 victor as an outfielder with the Detroit Tigers, Martinez led the majors with 130 RBI and 358 total bases in 2018, as he hit.330 with 37 doubles, 43 home runs, 111 runs scored, and a 1.031 OPS. He joins catcher Carlton Fisk (1981, 1985, 1988), first baseman and designated hitter Frank Thomas (1991, 1993, 1994, 2000), outfielder Magglio Ordoñez (2000, 2002) and shortstop Alexei Ramírez (2010, 2014) as the only players in Sox history to win multiple Silver Slugger Awards.
In fact, he finished with a slash line of.330/.402/.629 with 43 home runs, a whopping 130 RBI, 37 doubles, six stolen bases, two triples, 111 runs scored and 69 walks in 649 plate appearances. These are Martinez's second and third career Silver Slugger awards. Named the 2018 Hank Aaron Award victor for the AL as the league's top offensive performer, Martinez was the only player in the junior circuit to hit at least.300 with 100 RBI and 100 runs scored. Mookie Betts also took home the hardware as an outfielder, winning for the second time of his career. The MVP favorite led baseball with a.346 average and.640 slugging percentage, the first Red Sox player to accomplish that feat since Ted Williams in 1957. He also became the only player to ever win a batting title during a 30-30 season, hitting 32 homers while swiping 30 bases. It was Baez's first such award, and he's the second Cubs second baseman to win a Silver Slugger, joining Ryne Sandberg (1984-'85, 1988-'92).
Bombardier cutting 5,000 jobs, selling Q Series aircraft
Bellemare was brought on board in 2015 to shore up the company that was in serious financial trouble with the CSeries program. The Company also announced a number of strategic actions, including the launch of an enterprise-wide productivity programme.
White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu won his second American League Silver Slugger Award on Thursday, given to the best hitters at each position in each league.
- Raheem Sterling contract: Man City star signs £15m-per-year extension
- Federer eyes ATP Finals crown to reach career 100
- Avengers 4 might be MCUs longest movie ever, Joe Russo
- Mauricio Pochettino Opens Up on Future at Tottenham Amid Real Madrid Rumours
- Kuchar sinks eight birdies to take the lead in Mexico
- Beat Saber PSVR rhythmic, sword game launches November 20th
- Walmart releases its Black Friday ad for holiday shoppers
- Chrome will start warning users about shady mobile subscription pages
- Burnley's Kiwi striker Chris Wood set for 'emotional' return to Leicester City
- Sears, Kmart Closing More Stores In February