The 2015 National League MVP now is a free agent and has stayed quiet on whether he will remain with the Washington Nationals or sign elsewhere.
The report did not say why Washington ownership vetoed the deal.
That scenario obviously didn't happen, but according to Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic, the Astros had a preliminary deal in place to acquire Harper from Washington before the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline.
Satanic Temple Sues Netflix For Copyright Issues In "Adventures Of Sabrina"
When asked for comment, Netflix referred the request to Warner Bros , who said the company does not discuss pending litigation. They're also seeking to stop any more Sabrina from being distributed or reproduced as long as it has their Baphomet included.
Although they weren't able to land him in the summer, this commitment and desire to have him could work in Houston's favor as the free agent continues to think where he'll want to play in 2019.
With Harper, they would've improved their outfield and added a prolific hitter to the lineup to help compete against the Red Sox.
According to Rosenthal, the Astros would have sent right-hander J.B. Bukauskas, Houston's No. 8 overall prospect, catcher Garrett Stubbs (No. 15 prospect) and another minor leaguer to Washington for the 25-year-old Harper. The addition of Harper would have made an already good Astros team better, and who knows, maybe even made the ALCS a little closer.
- Steelers receiver Antonio Brown pulled over for going 100 mph
- Steelers-Ravens II: Different month, same pressure to win
- Appeals court rules against Trump administration’s effort to end DACA
- Veterans Day restaurant freebies and deals
- Wildfire forces Kim Kardashian to evacuate her home - view pics
- Borussia Dortmund 3 Bayern Munich 2: Super-sub Alcacer settles thrilling Klassiker
- Walmart releases its Black Friday ad for holiday shoppers
- RED SOX: J.D. Martinez and Mookie Betts AL Silver Sluggers
- Australia revamps Pacific strategy as China looms
- Stephen Hawking’s wheelchair sells for $393,000 at auction