Two recent defeats to Federer will be fresh in Nishikori's mind but he did compete well in their Shanghai and Paris matches so he certainly has what it takes to test the six-time champion. It's been a good place to play and showcase our talents.
His progress this year has been so sustained, he has claimed a career-high ranking on 15 separate occasions.
Federer has a 4-1 winning record against Anderson, but the South African stunned him at Wimbledon earlier this year, coming from two sets down to win 13-11 in the fifth.
This was a decision Nishikori and his team will look back on whatever the outcome is at the Tour Finals next week and know that they made the right call.
'This is the biggest event the ATP owns and you have the best eight players in the world in a unique format of the round robin system so you see at least a certain player three times in a week playing and I just feel this is a great leverage and opportunity to promote tennis all around the world.
"I had the most difficulty with my feelings".
SSE and NPower merger delayed over price cap
Innogy said adjustments could include additional financial contributions by each party. As a result, SSE's share price fell to £11.85 on Friday.
On facing Djokovic first up, he said: "I'm up against it for sure".
At the US Open Nishikori was about to announce to the world that he was well and truly back.
Born and raised in Jo'burg but resident for many years in Florida where his wife Kelsey is from, the 6ft 8in giant reached last year's US Open final, and in July he qualified for the Wimbledon final in the longest semifinal ever. A devastating loss to Russian Daniil Medvedev in front of his home faithful in the final of the Tokyo Open was sure to be one of toughest losses of his year but again this was progress - he was now 12th in the world rankings.
"It's really only Novak who can say "If I play as well as I have the last three months then maybe I can win the ATP Finals as well", the Swiss, who begins in Lleyton Hewitt group against Japan's Kei Nishikori on Sunday, told reporters.
Back inside the Top 10 for the first time since August 2017, Nishikori's road to the being considered one of the best players in the world started off by losing a first round challenger match at the beginning of the year.
The Arthur Ashe Humanitarian of the Year was given, by ATP, to Tommy Robredo.
- Wildfire forces Kim Kardashian to evacuate her home - view pics
- Walmart releases its Black Friday ad for holiday shoppers
- Ireland see off Argentina in rugby Test
- Avengers 4 might be MCUs longest movie ever, Joe Russo
- Fallout 76 Servers Will Remain Live Until the Sun Burns Out
- Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone head to Italy for their wedding
- Raheem Sterling contract: Man City star signs £15m-per-year extension
- Sixers finalizing trade for Timberwolves star Jimmy Butler
- Fox News execs condemn ‘reprehensible’ threats made outside home of Tucker Carlson
- Satanic Temple Sues Netflix For Copyright Issues In "Adventures Of Sabrina"