In Irvin's eyes, it was time to come home. The 31-year-old was born in Atlanta and grew up in Georgia.
"You know, every team thinks you're going to Atlanta", Irvin recalled Segal telling him. In fact, Irvin says he turned down more money from two other teams because he only wanted to play for the Falcons.
Oakland Raiders outside linebacker Bruce Irvin encourages the crowd before a play against the Dallas Cowboys in the fourth quarter at Oakland Coliseum.
The Falcons hope Irvin adds new punch to the pass rush.
FDA To Ban Sales Of Most Flavored E-Cigarettes In Stores
The FDA has warned several e-cigarette makers to stop marketing to teenagers or risk being banned. The scientific consensus is still out on the long-term health effects of vaping.
It will be interesting to see if the Steelers eventually do add another pass rusher for this stretch run. In 2013, Quinn arrived in Seattle, where he coached Irvin for two seasons and helped the Seahawks reach two consecutive Super Bowls and earn an Lombardi Trophy. Irvin will bring veteran leadership and know-how to a young defense that features talented players such as Takkarist McKinley, Vic Beasley, and Duke Riley. One shouldn't really blame him.
The Falcons' defense had more good news on Wednesday. Frank Clark leads the team with 7.5 sacks and defensive tackle Jarran Reed has five sacks. His 11 forced fumbles since the start of the 2016 season are the most in the National Football League in that span.
He has three sacks this season after posting a career-high eight sacks last season.
Irvin had three sacks with Oakland, but played only nine snaps in a 34-3 loss to the San Francisco 49ers on Thursday night.
- Avengers 4 might be MCUs longest movie ever, Joe Russo
- Walmart releases its Black Friday ad for holiday shoppers
- Bombardier cutting 5,000 jobs, selling Q Series aircraft
- Ireland see off Argentina in rugby Test
- The BMW M8 could have more than 600 horsepower
- Borussia Dortmund 3 Bayern Munich 2: Super-sub Alcacer settles thrilling Klassiker
- Are you happy with the outcome of the US midterm election?
- Appeals court rules against Trump administration’s effort to end DACA
- Steelers-Ravens II: Different month, same pressure to win
- Wildfire forces Kim Kardashian to evacuate her home - view pics