New Zealand on Friday won the toss and elected to bat first against Pakistan in second one-day global of three-match series in Abu Dhabi.
The stand lifted New Zealand after Shaheen once again rocked the top order following his 4-64 in Pakistan's 47-run defeat in the first match, also played in Abu Dhabi.
Imam, retired hurt on 16, was beaten for pace and bounce as the short-pitched delivery rose sharply.
ABU DHABI: Imam-ul-Haq was discharged from the hospital after his scans returned clear as he had underwent "precautionary tests" following a blow to the helmet during the second day-night ODI against New Zealand in Abu Dhabi on Friday. He joined the team but will remain under observation.
Pakistan all-rounder Shoaib Malik also allayed fears of a serious injury by posting a picture with Imam-ul-Haq.
Veteran batsman Ross Taylor top-scored for New Zealand with a laborious 120-ball 86 not out and added 75 for the fifth wicket with Henry Nicholls, who made a gruelling 33 off 63 balls.
Florida Man Wearing 'Crocs' Jumps Into Crocodile Pit, Gets Bitten
A man wearing Crocs has been left injured after he broke into a crocodile enclosure in Florida . The man was taken to hospital for treatment before being taken into police custody.
Captain Sarfraz Ahmed was caught behind off leg-spinner Sodhi with Pakistan needing only six runs for victory as Pakistan leveled the series with more than nine overs to spare.
However, by then the game was already won - the work of Fakhar (88 off 88) and Babar (46 off 50) had already created a comfortable chase, and set up a tantalising decider.
New Zealand skipper Williamson admitted his team did not put a defendable total. The dazed Imam went off in the ambulance for a concussion check, but that only brought the prodigious Babar Azam to the wicket, and he teamed up with Fakhar Zaman to punish the Black Caps bowlers.
In his next over he deflected a straight drive to run out Kane Williamson (1) at the non-striker's end.
Worker struggled for his 50-ball knock of 28 before he played all around to off-spinner Hafeez and was clean bowled while Afridi made its 4-73 by clean bowling Tom Latham off a sharp yorker. Nicholls was finally bowled in the 38th over by Hasan Ali who finished with 2-59.
- Five die in California wildfires, 150000 forced to flee
- Woman who spent $21M at Harrods bailed, fights extradition
- England remove Sri Lanka's top three with victory in sight at lunch
- New Mazda3 to make world premiere at 2018 Los Angeles Auto Show
- Nick Jonas Shows Off Custom Groomsmen Gifts on Bachelor Party Eve!
- World's Oldest Cave Painting Of Animal Found In Borneo
- Chris Ashton, Underhill and Moon in England team to face All Blacks
- Australia beats South Africa to end losing streak
- Republicans maintain grip on the US Senate in midterm vote
- Seven conclusions from Manchester United's last seven comeback wins