"We are still in negotiations, and on that basis we don't know when and if this will conclude", a spokesman said, adding that a much-rumoured Cabinet meeting to allow ministers to sign off the deal had not been scheduled.
I would urge caution that an imminent breakthrough is not necessarily to be taken for granted, not by a long shot.
"Repeatedly people seem to make the same mistake over and over again, assuming that if the British cabinet agrees something, well, then that's it then, everything is agreed".
The Irish government has rejected suggestions the United Kingdom could be handed the unilateral right to terminate a backstop arrangement at a future date, as reportedly being pushed by some of Mrs May's top ministers.
"We have an instruction from our voters to leave the European Union", he said.
Canada apologizes for turning away Jews fleeing Nazi Germany
Louis gained renewed interest previous year when picture and stories of the victims circulated on social media in response to U.S. Louis fled the Third Reich from Hamburg in May 1939 carrying 937 passengers.
Brexiteer MPs, including Environment Secretary Michael Gove, have called on Mrs May to release full legal advice setting out how the arrangement could be ended to avoid it becoming a permanent settlement.
Leaving without an agreement would mean some "hiccups in the first year", but the United Kingdom would have "all the rights and controls over our own destiny", he added. It appears the Prime Minister is wedded to the idea of a border down the Irish Sea with Northern Ireland in the European Union single market regulatory regime'.
Health Secretary Matt Hancock said that, while the Attorney General's legal advice to government is considered confidential, he could answer MP's questions about it.
Earlier this week, the prime minister's cabinet discussed a "review mechanism" for bringing the UK's participation in a backstop deal to an end.
"Seven days is probably pushing it, but I am optimistic that there will be a Brexit deal", Hunt said, adding it is "very, very hard to resolve but I am confident that we can".
The concerns focus on Attorney General Geoffrey Cox's advice on how an exit from the backstop could be found to make sure the United Kingdom is not permanently kept within a customs union, which would severely curtail its ability to strike global free trade deals - a key prize for Brexiteers.
Michel Barnier cited the anti-EU British MEP Nigel Farage as a cautionary example at a conference of the centre-right European People's Party.
- Federer, Djokovic top the bill for London finale
- Harmanpreet Kaur battled stomach cramps, back issues during sensational innings
- Kuchar fires 64 to lead by two in Mexico
- California shooting: Victim of Thousand Oaks massacre had survived Las Vegas horror
- Tripple Explosion, Heavy Gunfire In Somalia, Mogadishu Near CID Headquarters
- By hook or crook, lead is all that matters to Garcia
- Police Name Alleged Attacker Behind Yesterday's Melbourne Terror Incident
- Floods in Jordan kill 11, force tourists to flee Petra
- You have until November 18 to download Destiny 2 for free
- Five die in California wildfires, 150000 forced to flee