Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is a 2016 movie about how the fledgling Rebel Alliance stole the top-secret plans to the Death Star so they could blow it up in Star Wars: A New Hope...and again in Return of the Jedi.
- Lucasfilm is in development on a second Star Wars live-action series for Disney+ that will go into production next year.
Beyond that, we've heard about a few other shows in the works which will most likely appear on Disney+.
And with Galaxy's Edge attracting new Disney Parks visitors, "Star Wars" fanatics, and annual passholders on both coasts when each land opens in 2019, Walt Disney World Resort will draw even more crowds with their planned "Star Wars"-themed hotel".
Disney Chairman Mr Iger unveiled the name of the new service and the launch date during a conference call with Wall Street analysts on Thursday afternoon.
The CEO was upbeat about the prospects for Hulu, an on-demand and live TV service which Disney will own 60 per cent of after the Fox purchase. This time, it will be a prequel to "Rogue One".
Australia set to nix CK's RM39b pipeline bid on national security
Following Mr Frydenberg's preliminary decision, CK Group moved to defend its investment record in Australia. Frydenberg, who until August was energy minister, said he was not opposed to CK Group or its subsidiaries.
Given that film's ending, we can assume that the new Star Wars show will be a prequel series. In the announcement about the show, there was no word on other actors from the movie coming back for the series, namely Alan Tudyk who played Cassian's droid buddy K-2SO, Jimmy Smits who played Bail Organa, or Genevieve O'Reilly who played Mon Monthma.
Disney said past year that it plans to launch its own streaming service in 2019 and would pull its first-run movies from Netflix to put them on a Disney-branded service. Diego Luna said in a statement released by Disney.
Swelling with its takeover of much of 21st Century Fox, Disney is fortifying itself with ammunition to battle deep-pocketed tech companies like Netflix, Apple and Amazon.
Star Wars is one of Hollywood's most iconic and profitable franchises.
"We're going into the marketplace, we're seeing disruption, and hopefully we're reacting to it in a timely matter", Iger said, explaining that Disney is looking to "take advantage" of the volatility in the television market. Of course, Loki remains one of if not the most beloved villain in the MCU. The journey through space will begin as you board a star ship and depart with your fellow guests on a multi-day Star Wars adventure that will be connected to the new land being built at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- United Kingdom minister quits over ‘terrible mistake’ of proposed Brexit deal
- Dez Bryant Suffers Torn Achilles In Practice
- In Australia a fearless surfer fought off attacking him shark
- Seven conclusions from Manchester United's last seven comeback wins
- US, China can expect frank talks on sea clashes: ambassador
- Arizona Flu Season Starts: Get Your Shot, Experts Advise
- Palm Beach, Broward judges side with Scott
- Sri Lanka President Sirisena dissolves parliament
- Nick Jonas Shows Off Custom Groomsmen Gifts on Bachelor Party Eve!
- The DUP are not happy with Theresa May over border plan