When her husband Barack made a decision to run for president in 2007, Michelle said she was unprepared for the extreme ferocity and criticisms that awaited her family along the campaign trail. "What if that person went looking for our girls?" she wrote in her book, according to The Washington Post.
"Donald Trump, with his loud and reckless innuendos, was putting my family's safety at risk", she added. She said she would "never forgive" Trump for advocating the crypto-racist "birtherism" claims that her husband was not born in the US. I think she's a sympathetic figure, and to just blow it off as "she was paid a lot of money to write a book"...
During the 2012 United States presidential election, Trump floated the racist conspiracy theory that President Barack Obama was not a USA citizen, and touted the demonstrably false claim that Obama's birth certificate was not real.
As for the "Access Hollywood" video, she says when she heard Trump brag about assaulting women. her "body buzzed with fury".
"The whole thing was insane and mean-spirited, of course, its underlying bigotry and xenophobia hardly concealed", the former First Lady wrote.
1 dead in Melbourne stabbing; man attacked cops before being shot
While police initially believed the incident wasn't terror related, the Herald Sun has since reported the man was known to ASIO. Forensic investigators combed through the scene late Friday, where the dead victim's body lay covered in a white plastic sheet.
But the former first lady said what hurt her the most during that campaign were the relentless and blatantly false allegations that Barack was "a secret Muslim, born overseas". "But it was also risky, deliberately meant to stir up the wingnuts and kooks", Michelle wrote.
However, along with her confessions regarding the details of her marriage to the former president, she was critical of Donald Trump, who replaced Barack Obama in the Oval Office. She says they had to do IVF to conceive their 2 daughters. "I'll never forgive him for many other things".
"I've never been a fan of politics, and my experience over the last ten years has done little to change that", she writes according to the Post.
"This odd mix-of-everything-man", when she finally let him kiss her, set off a "toppling blast of lust, gratitude, fulfillment, wonder".
- Fly Jamaica flight to Toronto crash lands at airport in Guyana
- Thousands Evacuated Due to Fast-Moving Wildfire in Butte County
- Manchester United’s Jesse Lingard trolls Ronaldo following last-minute UCL win
- Gunman kills 12 in California bar packed with students
- McConnell touts 'bipartisanship,' warns Democrats against 'presidential harassment'
- Tamera Mowry’s Niece Among Those Killed In Latest Mass Shooting
- United Kingdom : 21 people found in refrigerated lorry entering from French port
- Melbourne attack: One dead after deadly Bourke Street knife rampage
- Pre-fork trading for Bitcoin Cash, cryptocurrency exchange Poloniex announces
- Taliban at Afghanistan talks table today, Delhi sending ‘non