Reports of an active shooter at a school in North Carolina were unfounded, Pender County emergency management director Tom Collins told news outlets Friday. Students that were already on buses were transported to the Lowes Foods across from the school.
The county school system notified parents of a reported active shooter in a tweet.
Commissioner George Brown told WECT that there is a piece of equipment at the school that has been malfunctioning recently and sounds like gunfire when it makes noise.
The Pender County Sheriff's Office is expected to hold a press conference sometime Friday morning.Читайте также: Seven teams interested in trading for Terry Rozier
A report of an active shooter at Topsail High School sparked law enforcement response Friday morning. "Law enforcement responded immediately and it has been determined there is no shooter and no weapon".
It shares a campus with a middle school and an elementary school.
The Topsail High School campus in Hampstead is shut down, and all other schools in eastern Pender County are on lockdown.
Capt. James Rowell, of the Pender County Sheriff's Office, said there were no injuries reported so far, according to local media WWAY-TV in Wilmington. It has around 1,300 students enrolled.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Los Angeles Lakers sign Tyson Chandler
- Several Senators Caught On Video Bad Mouthing Assistant Coach
- Sheriff Vet Killed Responding to Calif Shooting - Police Depts Pay Tribute
- Court orders arrest of ex-first lady for graft
- What does a Democrat win mean for the Trump government?
- Earth’s Ozone Layer To Fully Recover By 2060
- Mets fire hitting coach Roessler, bullpen coach Bones
- Imelda Marcos faces Philippines arrest after guilty verdict
- Gunman kills 12 in California bar packed with students
- Saints' Michael Thomas Channels Joe Horn With Cellphone TD Celebration