Malibu has about 13,000 residents and lies along 21 miles (34 kilometers) of coast at the southern foot of the mountain range.
Los Angeles county and city crews were assisting in the firefight, which was taking place as a second, larger brush fire raged further west in Ventura County in the Santa Rosa Valley/Thousand Oaks area. The Santa Anas are strong, dry winds that high-pressure systems push from east to west, from the mountains and desert areas down into the Los Angeles area.
Pepperdine on Friday closed its Malibu and Calabasas campuses because of the approaching blaze. There is also a power outage in the Big Rock neighborhood, which is outside the immediate evacuation area. Area hospitals have evacuated and all of Butte County schools have closed Friday.
Also in Ventura County, a brush fire broke out about 2 p.m. Thursday and grew to 6,000 acres by Friday morning.
California Lutheran University had already canceled Friday classes due to the shooting.
Two wildfires raging west of Los Angeles have force thousands of people to leave their homes.Читайте также: Manchester United’s Jesse Lingard trolls Ronaldo following last-minute UCL win
It had burned 8,000 acres and there was no containment or expected containment, according to a Ventura County Fire Department update at 3:30 a.m.
The 101 freeway is closed as the both the Hill and Woolsey fires have jumped the freeway near Camarillo as well as in Agoura Hills near Malibu.
The blaze, known as the Woolsey Fire, is spreading south, has jumped a major highway and is now threatening coastal areas including parts of Malibu.
Driven by 50 to 60 miles per hour wind gusts the brush fire is zero percent contained and also jumped Highway 101 near Chesebro Road in Agoura Hills on Friday morning. "You pose a danger to yourself and emergency responders", Ventura County Fire Department Captain Scott Dettorre said about the drivers.
Firefighters had their hands full, as another blaze to the north, the Hill Fire, prompted mandatory evacuations in Newbury Park and a closure of the 101 Freeway from Borchard Rd.to Pleasant Valley Rd.
No fatalities have been reported as of Thursday evening and 15,000 homes remain under threat.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Rajinikanth hits out at AIADMK for protests against Vijay-starrer Sarkar
- 'Non-Official' Talks With Taliban In Sync With Indian Policy: Centre
- Brent Taylor, Utah Mayor Killed in Afghanistan, Urged Americans to Vote
- Vietnam to host first ever grand prix in 2020
- Thousands Evacuated Due to Fast-Moving Wildfire in Butte County
- Imelda Marcos faces Philippines arrest after guilty verdict
- Verizon Prepaid is getting cheaper, now supports tablets and larger families
- No gunshots fired at North Carolina high school
- Gunman kills 12 in California bar packed with students
- Japanese TV cancels BTS show over band member's A-bomb shirt