However, some fans were left scratching their heads over the exact rule and whether or not Shiva Singh's delivery was fair or not. Bedi was the epitome of a smooth and technically correct action of a left-arm spinner, and it was only natural that Shiva's 360-degree turn before delivering brought out this reaction from the spin legend: "Weirdo", he wrote in his tweet accompanying the video.
Following on from that, Law 41.4.2 says that an umpire should call dead ball if he believes that a fielder has tried to do just that.
The batsman defended the ball with relative ease but umpire Vinod Seshan immediately deemed the delivery to be a "dead ball".
MCC Laws Department's detailed analysis was supported by Law 41.4.1, which states, it is unfair for any fielder deliberately to attempt to distract the striker while he/she is preparing to receive or receiving a delivery.
"This is particularly so if there was no apparent advantage to be gained from the twirl, unlike, for example, the bowler varying the width of the release point or the length of his/her run-up, which are entirely lawful".
Melbourne attack: One dead after deadly Bourke Street knife rampage
It is not yet clear whether he deliberately set the vehicle on fire but Mr Ashton said the auto had been laden with gas cylinders. The attacker is in hospital in a critical condition and investigators have not released any information about his identity.
But because he had only used it once - and it looked like a clear attempt to distract the striker - the umpire felt that it was the right time to implement the laws of the game.
There are two laws according to which an umpire can call a ball dead.
The switch hit has been in the game for years, and it is well within the legal rights of the batsman to use it. "But when bowlers do something like this it's deemed a dead ball", he was quoted as saying by ESPNCricinfo.
- Award 5 Penalty runs to the opposing side.
UP went on to win the game by an innings over Bengal in three days with Shiva taking four wickets in the match.
- Adriana Lima Cries At Her Last-Ever Victoria’s Secret Show
- "Would Never Forgive Trump", Writes Michelle Obama In Memoir
- Taliban at Afghanistan talks table today, Delhi sending ‘non
- Microsoft Confirms Some Windows 10 Pro Licenses Are Suddenly Being Deactivated
- Behind the Bionic Mushrooms That Generate Electricity
- Backstreet Boys will bring world tour to Indianapolis in 2019
- McConnell touts 'bipartisanship,' warns Democrats against 'presidential harassment'
- Modern Family season 10: Haley Dumphy pregnant
- Malibu Under Evacuation Orders as Massive Fire Rages
- Harvard Researchers: Mysterious cigar-shaped object is probably alien tech