What's Your Thought On This?, Let Us Know In the Comment section Below.
Blockchain Wallet is a popular name when it comes to cryptocurrency wallets.
CEO of Blockchain Peter Smith explained what attracted his company to Stellar. The first batch of recipients will receive tokens within the week.
Blockchain is of the opinion that airdrops have an incredibly wide reach and can assist with boosting cryptocurrency adoption and empowering those who lack access to traditional banking services.Читайте также: Xiaomi Mi 8 Camera Review | Incredible HDR
Blockchain.com pitched the mammoth offering as "the largest airdrop in the history of crypto and likely the largest consumer giveaway ever", suggesting that airdrops are "a great way to drive decentralization and adoption for new networks".
Stellar is the brainchild of Jed McCaleb, a famous figure in the crypto world, known for his role in creating the cryptocurrency company Ripple, as well as the now-defunct online exchange Mt. Gox. The currency was cofounded by Jed McCaleb, also the founder of Mt. Gox and co-founder of Ripple network, In 2014 McCaleb started Stellar as a crypto-powered platform meant to make cross-currency and cross-border money transfers easier and cheaper.
In a statement, McCaleb described the arrangement this way: "We believe that airdrops are central to creating a more inclusive digital economy". Blockchain said that it isn't investing anything for this arrangement, rather that Stellar is utilizing its platform as a vehicle to distribute the lumen currency. We've been approached by a lot of projects. But you can only do this for so many people in that fashion.
Smith added that the by performing the airdrop, Blockchain would give its customers more utility by way of introducing "high-quality coins", in this case, Stellar Lumens. The company also expects the giveaway will accelerate growth in its wallet downloads.
Smith added that it is not unusual for startups to offer users incentives to use their products. PayPal co-founder Elon Musk has said the company spent as much as $70m on referral fees in its early years.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- No gunshots fired at North Carolina high school
- Is Ariana Grande Rebooting the First Wives Club Reboot?
- White woman in viral racist rant facing 911 violation charge
- Brent Taylor, Utah Mayor Killed in Afghanistan, Urged Americans to Vote
- Saints' Michael Thomas Channels Joe Horn With Cellphone TD Celebration
- Imelda Marcos faces Philippines arrest after guilty verdict
- Vietnam to host first ever grand prix in 2020
- Lewis Hamilton threatens to quit over F1 controversy
- Ozone layer finally healing after damage caused by aerosols, United Nations says
- Samsung reveals foldable phone, Latest World News