"We wish him the best and will keep on encouraging and motivating him to get back".
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Welbeck's replacement, had the first real opening of the game but volleyed wide from just a few yards out early in the second half.
Unai Emery's Gunners were the better side for long periods at the Emirates against a team who have already had three different managers this term, but had to settle for a point.
Olivier Giroud got the only goal of the game as he headed in Emerson's cross but the hosts had chances to level it up - hitting the woodwork three times.
The win on their travels stretches Sarri's unbeaten run to 17 matches and next up they welcome Everton to Stamford Bridge on Remembrance Sunday.Читайте также: Meg Ryan, John Mellencamp engaged, confirmed by Meg Ryan Instagram photo
Giroud had not scored for Chelsea since May, as the striker went 794 minutes without finding the back of the net for the Blues.
"Tonight I thought they made similar runs at the same time. We felt that for him it's better to play, not for 90 minutes, but to play after two weeks of not playing", the Italian coach explained.
Chelsea tops Group L with a maximum 12 points.
Chelsea are in a similar position to Arsenal in that a win in Belarus should ensure that they finish top of Group L. "He's a very important player for us, he's very useful for the team but I know very well that strikers want to score, and so for his confidence it's very important".
Salzburg, semi-finalists last season, qualified for the next round with a 5-2 thrashing of Rosenborg in the group's other match, with Japanese forward Takumi Minamino scoring a hat-trick.
Elsewhere, Eintracht Frankfurt won 3-2 at Apollon Limassol to advance while Lazio beat Marseille 2-1 to march into the next round and send last year's runner-up out.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2019 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Malibu Under Evacuation Orders as Massive Fire Rages
- McConnell touts 'bipartisanship,' warns Democrats against 'presidential harassment'
- Harper to draw ‘historical’ offers — Major League Baseball free agency
- 1 dead in Melbourne stabbing; man attacked cops before being shot
- Fly Jamaica flight to Toronto crash lands at airport in Guyana
- Rajinikanth hits out at AIADMK for protests against Vijay-starrer Sarkar
- White woman in viral racist rant facing 911 violation charge
- Imelda Marcos faces Philippines arrest after guilty verdict
- "Would Never Forgive Trump", Writes Michelle Obama In Memoir
- 'Non-Official' Talks With Taliban In Sync With Indian Policy: Centre