You can completely customise the update flow so it feels like part of your app. After the user opens an app, a full-screen prompt to update is launched that prevents users from using the app until it has been updated. Originally created to help Android users in certain countries that do not have a lot of storage on their mobile devices, the app was quickly adopted worldwide.
Google is giving Android developers a new application programming interface (API) that lets them force users into updating to the latest version of their app.
In order to give users and Android developers more controls to ensure the App compatibility across all devices, Google has added new In-app Updates API to the Android system. The In-app Updates API is being tested with Android's early access partners, and will soon be distributed to all developers.
Anyway, given its success-the app is used by over 30 million users each month-Google is rebranding Files Go to Files by Google.
Meijer’s Black Friday ad is official
This year, the Amazon.co.uk Black Friday Deals Store will be open from 00:01 on Friday 17th until 23:59 on Sunday 26th November. It is $40 off for Black Friday and can replace a bunch of your existing kitchen gadgets.
Google also rolled out Instant discovery that allows to easily adopt the new kind of apps. But this is about to change, now that Google is introducing a new API for Android. Another neat reveal coming out of the Android Dev Summit, however, is a feature that will allow users to continue using Android apps while they're being updated.
Overall, it's a good package of announcements that Google went live at Android Developers summit.
- Ebola virus infects 300 people in eastern Congo
- Telecom IoT Market 2018-2023 with Strategic Trends Growth, Revenue
- Paul Pogba sends Instagram message to Man Utd fans after Juventus win
- Thugs of Hindostan movie tweet review
- 'Taylor's Actions Disgraceful': Sarfraz Lashes Out at New Zealand Batsman
- At least 13 killed in California bar shooting including gunman
- Tesla overlooks James Murdoch for chairman role vacated by Elon Musk
- Neymar Is Not Happy After Clashing With 'Disrespectful' Referee
- Porsche offers new glimpse of the 2020 911
- Tamera Mowry Reveals Her Niece Died In Thousands Oaks Shooting