Rihanna is the latest artist unhappy over the fact their music is being co-opted by President Donald Trump.
"Lawyers for the singer issued Mr Trump a cease and desist letter after he played the song at a political event in IN 'on the day of the mass murder of 11 human bring at the hands of a deranged 'nationalist, '" Sky News reports. "Such use is therefore improper". "Trump's unauthorized use of [Rihanna's] music creates a false impression that [Rihanna] is affiliated with, connected to or otherwise associated with Trump".
Last week, Pharrell Wiliams had his lawyer send a cease-and-desist letter to Trump to stop playing Happy at his political events.
Liverpool fans left fuming with Lazar Markovic actions following Champions League loss
We had moments, we had kind of nearly-chances, the biggest in the last two three minutes and before that not enough. The second half was really dominant, but we didn't score.
After all, most are not really fans of MAGA so they'd rather not have their songs played at Trump's rallies.
It looks like RiRi is next to hit Trump with a cease-and-desist.
Blanket performance licenses are obtained via ASCAP (American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers), BMI (Broadcast Music, Inc.) and SESAC (Society of European Stage Authors and Composers), the primary organizations in charge of licensing music.
This isn't the first time that Rihanna's music has been reportedly blasted during Trump's racist rallying calls.
- British Royals Prince Charles and Camilla Arrive Nigeria
- Le'Veon Bell posts upside-down cryptic tweet
- Neymar Is Not Happy After Clashing With 'Disrespectful' Referee
- Dems on track to win control of House
- Cross Counter claims historic British triumph in Australia's Melbourne Cup
- Bryce Harper Turned Down $300 Million Contract From Nationals
- Boeing issues advice on plane sensor after 737 Max jet crash
- Minnesota election results: U.S. House 5th District
- Tesla overlooks James Murdoch for chairman role vacated by Elon Musk
- Driver charged in toddler deaths in Brooklyn crosswalk kills herself