Hampton began the carnage with a four and then two sixes from consecutive no-balls.
Earlier this year, JP Duminy had broken a South Africa List A record by hitting 37 runs off one Eddie Leie over, while playing for the Cape Cobras during a Momentum one-day Cup game.
"It was right at the end and I suppose it was a "see ball, hit ball" scenario", said Hampton. Hampton missed his maiden List A century by just five runs, while Carter brought up his. We got a few no balls to help us get going.
In a first-class match between Wellington and Canterbury in 1990, occasional bowler Bert Vance conceded 77 in an over in which only one of his first 17 deliveries was legitimate, part of a freaky attempt to contrive a result on the final day.
Kim Davis loses re-election race for Rowan County Clerk
But Caudill, chief deputy in the county property valuation office, eventually won over the Democrats. She said at the time that she can not comply because it would violate her conscience.
The first ball went for four, thanks to Hampton, before three successive sixes, two of them off waist-high no balls.
The bowler would consider himself unlucky as the first ball of the over was a ideal widish yorker which could have been chopped onto the stumps, but it luckily for the batsman missed the wickets and went for a boundary. Ludick, who gave up more than half of his runs during the match in that one over, finished with figures of 85 for one-off 10 overs.
The Kiwi pair edged out the old record of 39, set by Zimbabwe captain Elton Chigumbura who blasted all 39 runs on his own.
In all, the pair added 178 for the sixth wicket after coming together at 95 for 5.
- New England pizza, sandwich chain closes dozens of locations | AP business
- Harvick makes Championship 4 with OT win at Texas
- 2nd-Ranked Kentucky Crushed By 4th-Ranked Duke In Season Opener
- Gillum Concedes Gov Race To DeSantis, Extending GOP's Grip Over Sunshine State
- USA exempts Chabahar port-related activities from its sanctions
- Donald Trump berates Jim Acosta in contentious White House news conference
- GHANA: Prince Charles acknowledges UK role in horror of slave trade
- ‘Real army’ will defend Europe ‘against China, Russia, US’ - Macron
- Captains talk ahead of ICC Women's World Twenty20 in the West Indies
- United Kingdom business bosses add voices to call for new Brexit vote