The fuzzy, felt-skinned creation of veteran comedy writer Robert Smigel showed up on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert Monday night to unveil a video documenting the Texas senate race. He first stops at a rally for Beto O'Rourke, where he jokes that all the supporters share the same Netflix account.
After interviewing some voters, Triumph found Beto, asking if it concerns him if half his base thinks they can vote for him through Instagram, and if he's anxious about Texas voting machines.
Triumph gets some face-time with O'Rourke himself, saying "I love the way you are anybody but Ted Cruz". Ted Cruz' dismissal of his latest artwork lying down. Wandering through the crowds, roasting Cruz to his own supporters - many of whom couldn't help but laugh at their own candidate's expense - Triumph finally came across his white whale.
Fox News doesn't condone Hannity speaking at Trump rally
Hannity released a statement on Twitter noting that he had not anticipated takingpart in the event. But Fox News addressed the incident on Election Day, calling it "an unfortunate distraction ".
"I'm here at the Ted Cruz rally", Triumph announces, "or a Duck Dynasty cosplay convention".
People have compared Cruz to the Zodiac killer, which Triumph called unfair, "since his plan to end Obamacare would kill way more people - I mean way, way, way, way more people!" "See, because he's a disgusting fish monster". It's wild that these people are laughing along and agreeing with Triumph, yet are STILL voting for Cruz. Given that Conan O'Brien's TBS show "Conan" is on hiatus, Colbert explains at the start of the segment above, O'Brien was happy to loan one of his correspondents, Triumph the Insult Comic Dog, to Colbert. The exercise was to have taken place in the hometown of Beto O'Rourke, the Democratic Senate candidate who's running a tight race against Republican Sen.
"I support spaying and neutering, just like Trump did to you", the puppet shot back.
Interested in Midterm Elections?
- You Might've Misheard This Lyric In Ariana Grande's 'Thank U, Next'
- Dozens of students kidnapped from boarding school in Cameroon
- The Trump referendum: Possible lessons from 2018 midterms
- Theresa May presents tweaked Brexit plan to cabinet
- Pakistani state broadcaster apologises for error during PM Khan's Beijing speech
- Here's how to score free stuff in Orlando on Election Day
- Idris Elba is named People's Sexiest Man Alive
- Relatives struggle with hit-and-run deaths of Girl Scouts
- Sri Lanka bowling coach charged with breaching ICC's anti-corruption code
- IPhone XR Sales are Much Softer Than Expected