Mr Macron was in the north-eastern French city of Verdun on Tuesday as part of centenary commemorations for the end of the First World War.
Last year, the European Union launched a multi-billion-euro defence fund to develop Europe's military capacities and make the continent more strategically independent.
Macron, speaking in Charleville-Mezieres, said: "I consider it entirely legitimate that we pay homage to the marshals who led our army to victory".
Stating that Europe needs an army "without just depending on the U.S.", Macron said that Europe needs to protect itself especially from Russian Federation and the U.S.
"In the very long run, we will need a European army", he tweeted on May 20, 2014. "Europe and its security", he said, referring to Trump's recent decision to quit the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces treaty.
The nationalist leader's comments came just hours after the French leader called for the creation of a "real" European army and said that populism posed a threat to EU peace.
Details of the planned attack on Mr Macron are not known at this stage, said the person, who asked not to be named as the status of the inquiry is confidential.
Breaking Bad Creator Confirms A Movie Is In The Works
The Albuquerque Journal includes a logline stating the film "tracks the escape of a kidnapped man and his quest for freedom ". Five years on from the end of Breaking Bad , AMC's OTHER flagship show hasn't waned in popularity.
Macron has spearheaded the creation of a nine-country European force, independent from North Atlantic Treaty Organisation, that could rapidly mount a joint military operation, evacuate civilians from a war zone, or provide aid after a natural disaster.
The European Commission holds that coordinated defense cooperation would not be a means to create an EU army. Conservatives in the United States that wish to see a reduced reliance on American might for European defense could consider Macron's statements something to celebrate - but some of the French president's remarks seemed to suggest a shifting perception of American values as perceived by its European allies.
According to the Interior Ministry's press office, the persons are linked to extremist right-wing movements.
"This anger is directed at an ultra-liberal Europe which no longer allows our middle classes to live decently", he said, using a term associated in France with an excessively free-market ideology.
- Bournemouth 1, Man United 2: Mourinho unhappy despite win
- Rockstar Is Addressing RDR2 Camp Issue
- Relatives of Lion Air victims pray, cast flowers into sea
- Takeaways from the New York Jets loss to the Dolphins
- Priyanka Chopra goes pants-free to her bachelorette party
- Donald Trump berates Jim Acosta in contentious White House news conference
- Champions League RESULTS: Liverpool stunned as Harry Kane rescues Tottenham
- Divisive Trump era ushers record number of women into US Congress
- Scientists Believe Mysterious, Oddly Shaped Space Object Could Be 'Alien Probe'
- 2nd-Ranked Kentucky Crushed By 4th-Ranked Duke In Season Opener