Big election day tomorrow!
In one final twist, DeSantis, who throughout the campaign portrayed Tallahassee as crime-ridden and risky, will now be moving their to do his new job - right alongside the city's mayor, (still) Andrew Gillum.
He was joined at two of the rallies by Lara Trump, a daughter-in-law of President Donald Trump.
Pinder's mother Phillis, who accompanied the Liberty City resident and his young son to the polls, added, "We have a president who doesn't get his information correct - he says things that just are not true - and he speaks so cruelly".
"You should have a governor who can work constructively with the administration in Washington to make sure Florida is getting what it needs", DeSantis said. "He came down here and fired up our voters, and it looks like we're poised for victory", U.S. Rep. Matt Gaetz, a Fort Walton Beach Republican, told The News Service of Florida on Tuesday night. "We're definitely going to win election day, so I'm looking forward to that", DeSantis said.
Donald Trump berates Jim Acosta in contentious White House news conference
He then took questions, and things got testy quickly as he sparred with reporters - especially CNN's Jim Acosta . "Very hostile. Watch the exchange between Trump and Acosta below, then hit the comments with your reactions.
Trump was heavily invested in the race, making two visits to the state in the final week of the campaign.
Gillum told supporters in Wakulla that Tuesday is a choice between the "Trumpizing of America" and working together.
Reuters Former Rep. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.) has been elected Florida's next governor. Florida is one of the most closely watched swing states in the nation, and voters here helped turn the tide for George W. Bush, Barack Obama, and Donald Trump.
But DeSantis won the governor's mansion by turning out the base and the state's growing share of conservative retirees from the Midwest, many of whom strongly back Trump. Trump visited Florida and held a rally with DeSantis on October 31. Fox News' Decision Desk still has projected that race as too close to call.
"In Florida there is a choice between a Harvard/Yale educated man named @RonDeSantisFL who has been a great Congressman and will be a great Governor - and a Dem who is a thief and who is Mayor of poorly run Tallahassee said to be one of the most corrupt cities in the Country!"
Republicans said they cared most about immigration, then health care, then foreign policy.
- USA exempts Chabahar port-related activities from its sanctions
- Make the Web safe, Entertainment News & Top Stories
- What's next for recreational marijuana in MI ?
- Pompeo to meet North Korean counterpart in NY this week
- MI voters to decide on recreational marijuana, anti-gerrymandering, voting options
- Dead Nevada brothel owner wins U.S. election
- Takeaways from the New York Jets loss to the Dolphins
- US High School Marching Band Spells Racial Slur in Halftime Performance
- Manchester City regain top spot of Premier League, Chelsea move to second
- Tallahassee Mayor Gillum, Republican former Rep. DeSantis cast votes