President Donald Trump paused his post-midterms press briefing Wednesday to yell at CNN's Jim Acosta, wagging his finger and calling him a "rude, bad person" and adding that CNN should be "ashamed" to have him in their employ.
NBC News correspondent Peter Alexander chimed in to defend Acosta, calling him "a diligent reporter who busts his butt like the rest of us", to which Trump responded, "Well, I'm not a big fan of yours, either, to be honest with you".
"Pardon me, ma'am", Acosta said.
When Acosta started to ask Trump about his comments calling a migrant group marching toward the southern USA border an "invasion", Trump said that's what he still considers it. "You run CNN. And if you did it well, your ratings would be much better", Trump said.
BTW. another wonderful moment - Trump was asked if he'd comply with the inevitable demand by the House to release his tax returns, and the Prez essentially said it was too complicated for Congress to understand.
A White House aide tried to grab the microphone from Acosta, but the CNN reporter refused to give it up, infuriating the president. "You should not be working for CNN".
Divisive Trump era ushers record number of women into US Congress
The vote comes almost two years after women marched on Washington in defiance of the inauguration of President Donald Trump . Both men and women say the economy is their top issue, and Trump often touts an improved economy as one of his successes.
"I think you should let me run the country", he told CNN reporter Jim Acosta when pressed further about his immigration claims. "You rudely interrupted him".
"You're a very rude person, the way you treat Sarah Huckabee is terrible, and the way you treat other people are disgusting, you shouldn't treat people that way".
Watch the exchange between Trump and Acosta below, then hit the comments with your reactions. You are a rude awful person. He then took questions, and things got testy quickly as he sparred with reporters - especially CNN's Jim Acosta.
"Very hostile. Such a hostile media". You and I have a difference of opinion.
"There are some people who say the Republican Party is seen as supporting white nationalists because of your rhetoric", Alcindor said.
- Takeaways from the New York Jets loss to the Dolphins
- Pompeo to meet North Korean counterpart in NY this week
- USA exempts Chabahar port-related activities from its sanctions
- Relatives of Lion Air victims pray, cast flowers into sea
- 2nd-Ranked Kentucky Crushed By 4th-Ranked Duke In Season Opener
- GHANA: Prince Charles acknowledges UK role in horror of slave trade
- Breaking Bad Creator Confirms A Movie Is In The Works
- ‘Real army’ will defend Europe ‘against China, Russia, US’ - Macron
- Manchester City regain top spot of Premier League, Chelsea move to second
- What's next for recreational marijuana in MI ?