Ariana Grande isn't flawless, but she's so good with that!
Ariana Grande kept it very real during her Wednesday performance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show! The "God Is A Woman" hitmaker, 25, performed her breakup anthem, "Thank U, Next" for the first time on the November 7 episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show.
Grande chose to channel the classic musical number from "The First Wives Club", wearing bridal white alongside her two backup singers to resemble the film's stars Bette Midler, Goldie Hawn and Dianne Keaton. So half an hour before the latest episode of SNL started, Grande put her new single out into the world, and it nearly immediately became a meme to rival "me voting in 2016 vs.me voting today".
At one point, Grande stood up on a chair, bopping to her song in white heeled boots, but when she stepped down, she stumbled and fell, exclaiming, "Oh my god!" The scenery on stage matched the set for the "You Don't Own Me" scene in the movie.
Speculation mounts that Meghan Markle's mum will move to UK
The Middletons have spent Christmas with the royal family but resided in the neighboring country house Anmer Hall instead. The royal family reportedly exchanges gifts on Christmas Eve, though extravagant presents aren't in the cards here.
But, just as the song says, Grande knows how to handle the pain.
The "Bang Bang" singer revealed that her exes, who she mentions by name in the first verse, heard the song before its release on Saturday. She finished the performance with a smile, and danced down the aisles of the set while the audience cheered.
What we love most about this video is that Ariana could have totally redone the whole thing, but chose not to.
"I thought we were supposed to exit", She laughed. "We're happy that you came back", Ellen said before announcing that everyone was going home with a copy of Ariana's album, Sweetener.
- Relatives of Lion Air victims pray, cast flowers into sea
- Divisive Trump era ushers record number of women into US Congress
- Rockstar Is Addressing RDR2 Camp Issue
- Death toll from Italian storms rises to 29
- US High School Marching Band Spells Racial Slur in Halftime Performance
- Samsung to launch Galaxy J4+ next week
- Donald Trump berates Jim Acosta in contentious White House news conference
- "Stand Up To PM, Protect Nation": Rahul Gandhi's Message To Urjit Patel
- Champions League RESULTS: Liverpool stunned as Harry Kane rescues Tottenham
- Manchester City regain top spot of Premier League, Chelsea move to second