Defense officials have repeatedly emphasized the troops at the border are there to support civil authorities and that they are not expected to come into any contact with migrants.
Another contingent of 2,100 National Guard troops had already been deployed to work with Border Patrol, anticipating the caravan, making a total of 7,000 troops on the nation's southern border, the Defense Department said.
"Generally speaking, the president's made it clear that he's going to set up detention tents - tent cities - the kind of thing the military is probably going to do because they've done this before", details Mark Krikorian, executive director of the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS).
US workers are photographed during construction of 32km of the border wall by order of US President Donald Trump on the border between Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua state, Mexico and Santa Teresa, New Mexico state, US, on April 17, 2018. They're going to be very nice.
Klopp Considering Dropping Shaqiri From Belgrade Visit
Montague also understands that Shaqiri *did* want to play in this fixture but has now been denied the opportunity to do so. That's why we decided what we decided. "So Liverpool omit Shaqiri from the trip to Belgrade tomorrow", he tweeted.
The US military declined a draft request from the Department of Homeland Security last month to build housing for detained migrants, during early discussions in the Trump administration about the military's role on the border, according to officials. At first, Trump was saying that about 5,000 active-duty troops would be deployed as a part of Operation Faithful Patriot, now he has boosted this number to 10,000-15,000. It was unclear how many had taken up missions on the border, which will include support tasks like building housing for Customs and Border Protection personnel, and erecting barriers.
President Trump stressed the deployment comes in line with the law.
However, Trump's effort has been embraced by Republicans running in the elections, in which illegal immigration is a top issue.
- Liverpool’s Clyne to miss Red Star clash through illness
- Demi Lovato leaves rehab after mom says she’s 90 days sober
- News Vikings at Bears Flexed to 'Sunday Night Football'
- Target announces Thanksgiving, Black Friday hours
- NBC, Fox News Pulling Trump's Anti-Caravan Ad
- Teachers actually thought 'border wall' costumes were a good idea
- Rapper Mac Miller died of accidental overdose of fentanyl, cocaine: Coroner
- Amazon drops free-shipping minimum for all customers
- IRGC Commander Threatens 'Dominance' Over The U.S. In Mideast
- Rihanna doesn't want her music to be played at Trump's rallies