Rebel Wilson is under fresh fire for appearing to block critics of colour who have taken issue with her comments on plus-size rom-coms.
'Hey my sweet sister.
Rebel Wilson has found herself at the centre of some almighty backlash over her upcoming film, Isn't It Romantic?
I love @RebelWilson as much as the next girl, but she isn't the first plus sized woman to play the lead in a romantic comedy.
Fans have also pointed out that actress and rapper Queen Latifah, 48, also starred in the 2006 rom-com Last Holiday. "I wish you the best", tweeted Mo'Nique, 50, whose real name is Monique Angela Hicks. Mo'Nique, who's earned an Academy-Award for her performance in Precious and was featured in Phat Girlz, took to Twitter to remind 38-year-old Wilson her new gig isn't ground-breaking.
Klopp Considering Dropping Shaqiri From Belgrade Visit
Montague also understands that Shaqiri *did* want to play in this fixture but has now been denied the opportunity to do so. That's why we decided what we decided. "So Liverpool omit Shaqiri from the trip to Belgrade tomorrow", he tweeted.
The actress produced the film Isn't It Romantic, which she stars in alongside Liam Hemsworth and Priyanka Chopra.
This didn't sit well with viewers who later took to Twitter to point out that both Queen Latifah and Mo'Nique played lead roles in romantic comedies.
Rebel eventually responded to one of the tweets pointing out these films and wrote, "Yeah I of course know of these movies but it was questionable as to whether: 1".
Wilson tweeted that she believes there is a "grey area" about whether Queen Latifah and Mo'Nique could be considered plus-size, and whether their films were categorized as single-lead romantic comedies.
Wilson mostly didn't interact with these critiques-though she did reply to one person saying she thought those movies were in a "grey area". "I support all plus size ladies and everything positive we are doing together".
- OnePlus 6T Thunder Purple Variant Announced With 8GB Of RAM
- Rihanna doesn't want her music to be played at Trump's rallies
- Sam Ballard: Sydney man who swallowed slug passes away
- Militants Killed After Coptic Attack, Compensation Given to Families
- Warning to Pyongyang on a return to its nuclear policy
- He’s golden: Jackie Bradley Jr. becomes first Gamecock to win Gold Glove
- Arsenal now closer to Premier League's best - Emery
- Teachers actually thought 'border wall' costumes were a good idea
- Liverpool’s Clyne to miss Red Star clash through illness
- Trump calls barbed wire 'beautiful' as troops install wire along border