While he didn't get him in-studio for the big reveal, Fallon had Elba via satellite from London where he could share the exciting news with everyone.
Telling People how he reacted to the news, the 46-year-old said: "I was like, 'come on, no way. Really?'" Elba told the celebrity publication. Really?' I looked in the mirror, I checked myself out. I was like, "Yeah, you are kind of sexy today".
The Luther star has been handed the annual honour - which a year ago went to country singer Blake Shelton - by the U.S. publication and he admitted that it was an "ego boost" to receive the news. This is only the third time a man of colour has won the award, following Johnson in 2016 and Denzel Washington 10 years before.
Samsung's Getting Ready to Unveil the Folding Phone
Samsung Developer Conference ( SDC ), which is scheduled at Moscone West Convention Center, San Francisco on November 7-8. We neither have a confirmed name of the phone but a report from GizmoChina reveals that it may be called the Galaxy F.
Now, after months of anticipation the magazine finally has revealed this year's victor is British actor Idris Elba. Days later he flatly denied it was going to happen, however.
Elba will be featured in a special double issue that will hit newsstands later this week.
"I was very tall and skinny", said Elba, who is 6ft 3ins. "And my name was Idrissa Akuna Elba, OK?"
He is also planning a wedding with his fiancee Sabrina Dhowre.
Elba has a 16-year-old daughter, Isan, and a 4-year-old son, Winston, from previous relationships as he cites being able to witness their births as 'the biggest and best thing ever'. But again, as soon as I could grow a mustache, I was the coolest kid on the block.
- Bale, Vinicius, Ramos and Plzen away — Real Madrid round-up
- Steelers Le’Veon Bell Tweets He’s Leaving Miami
- Rahul quotes Mahatma Gandhi to slam Centre, Maharashtra on tigress Avni’s killing
- IPhone XR Sales are Much Softer Than Expected
- Man killed in third shark attack in weeks on Great Barrier Reef
- The Cliffsofmoher euthanased on track after Melbourne Cup
- Shaqiri omitted from Liverpool squad ahead of UCL clash in Belgrade
- Runaway train gets away from driver and hurtles across 57 miles
- United Kingdom confident of Brexit financial services deal soon
- Elon Musk Hints at Bringing His Business to India