This year's contest has been portrayed as crucial by both Republicans and Democrats because both chambers of Congress, and the accompanying ability to pass or reject President Donald Trump's agenda, are up for grabs.
"Typically, we would be further along with our analysis before announcing anything publicly", Gleicher said.
The company said that they made the announcement despite being only in the initial stage of the investigation as the elections are only a day away and they want to inform their customers about the "action taken and the facts as we know them today".
Nearly all of the Facebook pages linked to the accounts appeared to be in French or Russian while the Instagram ones were mostly in English.
"We're exploring additional checks to help prevent abuse and will respond to requests from law enforcement and election officials now and in the future if new requirements arise", director of product management Rob Leathern said in a statement to the outlet.
Samsung's Getting Ready to Unveil the Folding Phone
Samsung Developer Conference ( SDC ), which is scheduled at Moscone West Convention Center, San Francisco on November 7-8. We neither have a confirmed name of the phone but a report from GizmoChina reveals that it may be called the Galaxy F.
It added all the Facebook pages associated with the accounts appeared to be in French or Russian languages.
Despite an aggressive crackdown by social media firms, so-called "junk news" is spreading at a greater rate than in 2016 on social media ahead of the U.S. midterm elections, Oxford Internet Institute researchers said in a study published Thursday.
The shutdown of thousands of Russian-controlled accounts by Twitter and Facebook - plus the indictments of 14 people from Russia's notorious troll farm the Internet Research Agency - have blunted but by no means halted their efforts to influence United States politics.
It is merely the latest disinformation campaign to have been flagged by Facebook.
Employees work in Facebook's "War Room", during a media demonstration, October 17, 2018, in Menlo Park, Calif.
Facebook didn't always take the risk of election interference seriously, however.
- CBBC Newsround: MTV European Music Awards round up
- Russian jet intercepts US Navy plane over Black Sea
- The Cliffsofmoher euthanased on track after Melbourne Cup
- Rahul quotes Mahatma Gandhi to slam Centre, Maharashtra on tigress Avni’s killing
- Sri Lanka bowling coach charged with breaching ICC's anti-corruption code
- Nonito Donaire captures WBA World Title after Burnett injury
- Man killed in third shark attack in weeks on Great Barrier Reef
- Shaqiri omitted from Liverpool squad ahead of UCL clash in Belgrade
- Five men arrested after handing themselves in over ‘vile’ Grenfell bonfire video
- The Trump referendum: Possible lessons from 2018 midterms