The opening ceremony for this year's BlizzCon concluded with an announcement for Diablo Immortal, a new mobile-only Diablo set between the second and third games. Instead, the announcement would simply feature Blizzard co-founder Allen Adham telling the crowd about the game in a video which would play at the end of the keynote. One of those people told me that the Diablo team wasn't yet ready to commit to an announcement, as Diablo 4 has changed drastically over the past four years and may continue to change further.
IGN has reached out to Blizzard for comment and will update this story as such.
News Vikings at Bears Flexed to 'Sunday Night Football'
Of course, with the Vikings and Bears being flexed into the Sunday night game, that means someone had to be flexed out. The Bears are 6-25 in the division since 2013. "We're in such a good place right now as an organization", Nagy said.
Blizzard reportedly changed their BlizzCon announcement plans for Diablo within the past couple of weeks, as they wrote on a Blizzard forum in October their plans for announcing Diablo projects "When the time is right". "We know what many of you are hoping for and we can only say that 'good things come to those who wait, ' but evil things often take longer".
Diablo 2 producers and former Blizzard employee Mark Kern said the reveal of Diablo Immortal is an example of Blizzard "not understanding gamers anymore". During a follow-up Q&A with members of Immortal's development team, one BlizzCon attendee facetiously asked if the game was "an out-of-season April Fool's joke". Others were concerned Diablo Immortal is being created in a partnership with NetEase, whose games are known for pushing gamers to buy digital items with real money. Blizzard has assured fans publicly that it has multiple Diablo games in development.
- Apple posts record revenue but its value slips under $1tn - General Business
- Amazon drops free-shipping minimum for all customers
- Rapper Mac Miller died of accidental overdose of fentanyl, cocaine: Coroner
- Klopp Considering Dropping Shaqiri From Belgrade Visit
- Teachers actually thought 'border wall' costumes were a good idea
- China's Development Managed to Change Entire Global Economy
- Militants Killed After Coptic Attack, Compensation Given to Families
- Capo no more, Sinaloa drug lord faces trial in NY
- Queen 'asks Meghan Markle mother Doria to Christmas at Sandringham'
- Trump calls barbed wire 'beautiful' as troops install wire along border