Three days after more than a dozen workers at a Middleton elementary school dressed in stereotyped Mexican costumes and posed with a faux border wall, the Middleton School Board announced Saturday that the employees had been placed on administrative leave.
CBS affiliate KBOI obtained photos of Middleton School District teachers wearing Halloween costumes the superintendent called "clearly insensitive and inappropriate". "We embrace all students", Middleton said Friday.
Proving that even Halloween isn't immune from the political division our country is now embroiled in, an Idaho school district has issued an apology after it faced stiff backlash to pictures of staffers in pro-Trump, anti-Immigrant costumes for the holiday.
Middleton said that the entire issue is being investigated, adding that he didn't think there were bad intentions to why the costumes were done in the first place. "I'd just again want to share what's going on and express my sincerest and deepest apologies to our families, to our patrons". Another photo featured several staffers dressed in sombreros, ponchos, and fake exaggerated mustaches, a racist stereotype of Mexicans.
Trump Announces Foreign Policy Move With Game of Thrones Meme
All of this drama is said to set us up for the battle of all battles in a confrontation with the Army of the Dead. English actress Sophie Turner , who will soon star in Marvel's Dark Phoenix, aka.
Both groups reportedly wore the costumes in class at Middleton Heights Elementary.
The superintendent said he didn't believe the costumes were meant to be malicious but were made in poor judgment.
"We now have to own those decisions", he said.
The Huffington Post quotes Elizabeth Almanza, a member of Idaho immigrant advocacy group PODER: "ALL children should have the right to a learning environment that celebrates all backgrounds". Imagine how some of the students felt when they walked into their classrooms on Halloween and saw their teachers (people they look up to) dressed like this? About 12 percent of students at Middleton Heights Elementary School are Hispanic. The Middleton School District did not immediately respond to HuffPost's request for comment.
- Trump, Obama tout clashing visions of USA as midterm elections near
- Eyeless Congressional Candidate Isn’t Thrilled With Pete Davidson’s SNL Jokes
- ‘Big boys’ Chelsea, City top EPL
- Police raids popular Zim prophet
- Target announces Thanksgiving, Black Friday hours
- Spacewatch: Nasa retires planet hunter after it runs out of fuel
- Game settings, PC bug fixes, and CoD Points
- The Walking Dead's Rick Grimes is getting his own movie trilogy spin-off
- Rashford needs to start for Manchester United, not Lukaku
- 'Toughest ever' US sanctions on Iran take force today