The ad compares his behavior to members of the caravan, which mostly comprises adults and children who plan to legally seek asylum at ports of entry into the U.S. The video then urges viewers to "vote Republican" before a voiceover from Trump says he approves the message.
Although Fox will not show the ad going forward, the network did air the ad over the weekend before deciding to pull the plug on Monday.
"After further review, we recognize the insensitive nature of the ad and have made a decision to cease airing it across our properties as soon as possible", said Joe Benarroch, a spokesperson for the network's advertising sales department, said. The ad appears to be an attempt to tie the caravan of migrants and refugees seeking asylum in the United States to Luis Bracamontes, an undocumented immigrant from Mexico who shot and killed two sheriff's deputies in 2014.
May's 'secret' Brexit deal avoids Irish backstop
Writing in the Sun , Mr Johnson described the arrangement as a "national humiliation", leaving the United Kingdom as "a vassal state, a colony".
Now, Fox News and Facebook have made a decision to pull the plug on it too.
"Dangerous illegal criminals like cop killer Luis Bracamontes don't care about our laws", the ad said, even though there is no known connection between Bracamontes and the migrant caravan.
On Monday Facebook said it had blocked the advert from receiving "paid promotion".
"This ad violates Facebook's advertising policy against sensational content so we are rejecting it", the company said in a statement. "While the video is allowed to be posted on Facebook, it can not receive paid distribution", a Facebook's spokesperson said in a statement to CNET. This tweet was in response to a tweet by the president's son, Donald Trump Jr., in which he accused the network of "only run [ning] fake news" and not talking about "real threats that don't suit their agenda". "Those are the facts.", wrote CNN's communications department.
- Bournemouth 1-2 Manchester United: Three Things We Learned
- Spacewatch: Nasa retires planet hunter after it runs out of fuel
- ‘Big boys’ Chelsea, City top EPL
- Lowe’s to close dozens of underperforming stores across the U.S. and Canada
- Newlyweds die in helicopter crash leaving their wedding
- European clubs planning UEFA breakaway to set up Super League
- Teachers actually thought 'border wall' costumes were a good idea
- Police raids popular Zim prophet
- The Walking Dead's Rick Grimes is getting his own movie trilogy spin-off
- Amazon drops free-shipping minimum for all customers