Jenkins has been a fixture in the fight started by Kaepernick and Reid, raising his fist during the national anthem during the 2017 season, to go along with countless charitable acts in the community, as well as working with local lawmakers to solve the issue.
Reid also almost clinched the game with an interception on a late pass by Carson Wentz, though it was incorrectly overturned.
The two players, who spent 2016 and 2017 protesting against the United States during the national anthem, almost came to blows Sunday as they prepared to take the field against each other, according to Fox News.
The bad blood between the two stems from Reid splitting from Jenkins' The Players Coalition after the organization sought to have the protests during the national anthem stopped if the NFL made donations to causes the group supports.
"Malcolm did text me this morning asking if we would be comfortable ending our demonstrations if the National Football League made a donation", Reid said Wednesday.
Roman Reigns Reveals He Is Battling Leukemia, Relinquishes WWE Universal Championship
He walked up the entrance ramp and was met by his two fellow members of faction The Shield, Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose . This was an absolutely shocking announcement and obviously I join everyone in wishing him the very best with this battle.
"He co-opted with the movement that was started by Colin to get his organization started", he said after the game. "It was cowardly. He sold us out".
Reid says he was never consulted about such a deal, and wouldn't have agreed to it had he been.
After signing with Carolina, Reid called the Players Coalition, which is led by Jenkins, a league-funded "subversion group".
"You couldn't pay me to say anything negative about them", Jenkins said.
"Eric Reid! Enough said!" he wrote on Twitter. "So I'm going to leave it at that". I think he deserves to have a job in this league, I'm glad that he does have one.
- Ryanair report racist in-flight incident to police for investigation
- Northumberland Club says it with flowers (and cupcakes) for breast cancer event
- Japan, Europe send spacecraft on 7-year journey to Mercury：The Asahi Shimbun
- Hetmyer hundred in vain as Rohit, Kohli stun Windies
- Services Scheduled for Slain Georgia Officer Who Was a SoCal Native
- Hotel rooms growth fuels Whitbread revenue rise
- Koreas, US-led UN Command meet again at Koreas' border
- Potential NY Giants Trade Target Requests Trade
- Matt LeBlanc replaced as Top Gear host
- UK's May tries to calm Brexit rebels, says deal nearly done