After Valletta FC confirmed yesterday it had offered Usain Bolt a two-year contract, the sprinter-turned-footballer's agent confirmed his client has no intention of starting a career in the Maltese Premier League.
Bolt has been on trial at Central Coast Mariners in New South Wales as he attempts to earn a contract at the A-League team, but had been offered a guaranteed deal from Valletta, who are bidding to break into the Champions League.
"You need to talk to them regularly to just make sure we're all focused as a club on this first fixture". "I can confirm Usain does not wish to pursue this opportunity in Malta".
"A champion is always welcome and at Valletta FC we believe nothing is impossible", ESPN quoted Valletta managing director and CEO Ghasston Slimen as saying.
Northbound migrant group doubles in size, enters Guatemala
Guatemala also closed migration facilities at the Agua Caliente border crossing to prevent the entry of any more Hondurans. On Tuesday it was reported that the organizer of the caravan was detained and was going to be deported back to Honduras.
The A-League season begins in Australia on Friday, with the Mariners beginning their campaign two days later at Brisbane Roar.
Babbel, who was part of Liverpool's treble winning side of 2001, is now in charge of Australian club Western Sydney Wanderers and has given his view on Bolt.
The Mariners are said to be waiting for governing body Football Federation Australia to decide whether it will contribute to a potential $3m Aus (£1.63m) offer to the 100m and 200m world record holder. "He's been great among the guys and I was very happy for him last week with the two goals he scored, but we move on".
Mulvey was spotted talking for a while to Bolt on Thursday, but the coach said he also spoke to several other players. "If I would be a player from the Mariners, it would be a little bit odd for me because I would be doing this for 25 years and someone comes in who hasn't played professional football before and think he's good like me?"
- Sri Lanka Denies Reports Sirisena Said RAW Plotted Assassination
- Israeli supreme court overturns entry ban on U.S. student
- A guide to Canada's legal cannabis
- Russian Orthodox says ecumenical cooperation can help young people
- Turkish police search forest, coastal city for Saudi journalist Khashoggi's remains
- Caravan Puts Trump Legacy on the Line
- Texas Woman Leaves 2-Year-Old Boy on Stranger's Doorstep
- LeBron recruit KD to Lakers? 'Hell no, 100 percent false'
- Rihanna, in support of Colin Kaepernick, declines Super Bowl performance
- Liverpool’s Mane has surgery on hand injury